System Reliability Engineer - Market Data Capacity & Latency
The Market Data Capacity and Latency (MDCL) team is in charge of monitoring and analyzing latency of the market data pipeline at Bloomberg. We are building a robust monitoring platform, to identify and report end-end latency for real-time enterprise market data products. We are responsible for the development of the collection system, storing billions of measurements per day, creating latency analytics for historical analysis, trending, and adhoc troubleshooting. We also alert and respond to latency events globally, working with component development and SRE teams to fix and prevent future issues. Our work is critical in making Bloomberg more competitive in the real time market data Enterprise space, and we expect to push every component team to perform better and more reliably as we move more into this space. Who are you?
You're someone who is passionate about building systems that impact teams across Bloomberg. You're excited about setting and developing best practices, finding the best tool(s) for the job, and building an inclusive and strong team culture. As an SRE on our team, you'll be contributing to the success of our market data enterprise products by using your expertise to ensure our system exceeds the high reliability expectations set by your fellow engineering teams, as well as provides the highest value to our product counterparts. We'll Trust You To
You'll Need to Have
- Design and migrate to best practices around deployment, capacity management, quality, and overall reliability
- Produce tooling for monitoring and troubleshooting ours and other teams' systems
- Define and measure reliability of the MDCL system
- Work with internal stakeholders and real-time component teams to drive improvements and fixes through to completion
If this sounds like you, please apply!
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a software engineer or SRE role
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages including some understanding of either C++ or Python
- An understanding of how to manage the stability of performance sensitive distributed systems
At Bloomberg, we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.