We're looking for someone to join the Portfolio Compliance Oversight team in New York as a Portfolio Compliance Specialist. The Portfolio Compliance Team is an essential part of the Schroder control environment, supporting Investment Teams to ensure effective pre and post trade mandate restriction monitoring. The Portfolio Compliance Specialist / Lead Specialist will be responsible for daily review of overnight violations, interpreting guidelines and rule coding in Aladdin as well as assisting with queries.
It is a role where attention to detail, time management and good communication skills are critical. The Portfolio Compliance Specialist works closely with members of the Portfolio Compliance Team globally and also has regular contact across other teams in the business regionally.
The successful candidate will be someone willing to seize the opportunity and get the best out of being a member of this rapidly evolving team. Enthusiastic about improving processes, learning new skills and making a difference to the teams we support. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Daily Review of overnight violations; escalate and follow through issues appropriately
- Perform alternative monitoring for restrictions that cannot be coded in Aladdin
- Assist Operations teams to override trade violations where necessary
- Maintain broker rules in Aladdin and assist Trading Desks with queries
- Work closely with Fund Managers / Product / Client Executives on investment guidelines related matters and issues, and maintain good working relationships with them
- Provide advice on the validity of pre-trade alerts
- Assist in audit/regulator/client visits
- Creating new system rules
- New Account on-boarding activities including interpreting the clients Investment Management Agreement and translating these guidelines into code using the Aladdin platform
- Guideline updates - Similar to onboarding activities, over time Clients may change their guidelines and its PCO's responsibility to ensure those changes are coded and monitored where applicable
- Troubleshooting potential errors when needed
- Identification of coding issues
- Creation and maintenance of Restricted lists.
- Involvement in strategic projects and initiatives including providing suggestions on efficiency
- 5+ years experience in the investment management industry and of investment products
- Working knowledge and understanding of the regulations relating to regulatory investment restrictions e.g. UCITS, 40s ACT, Canadian Pensions
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic; with the ability to own and deliver solutions
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
- Attention to detail with a passion for quality
- Organised, have good time management skills and able to prioritise given tasks
- Responsible, diligent and willing to put in extra effort and hours to get things accomplished
- Able to work well in collaboration with other people and teams
- Able to tap on past relevant experiences to handle novel issues
- Ability to deliver complex information in a clear and concise way, both written and face to face
- Desire to shape how we communicate with various Schroders teams and to build and manage efficient processes to deliver information
- Care and diligence in reviewing overnight violations and the desire to make the way we do things more robust, scalable and efficient
- Proactive approach to risk mitigation
- Proficient in program languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of database concepts (including SQL) is a plus
- Comfortable working across functions and geographies with a mature mindset and judgement.
- Knowledgeable with BlackRock's various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is a bonus
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.