Associate Director - User Experience
Job Description Moody's Experience Design team is growing, and we are looking for top tier Lead Interaction Designers to join our high performing team, focused on taking our online and mobile products to the next level. The team is responsible for the overall user experience of moodys.com desktop and mobile platforms, as well as several other key web properties that influence financial markets worldwide.
Design Leads at Moody's are responsible for developing interaction designs that align with customer and business needs, utilizing design patterns that can be shared across other work streams. A successful candidate will be a collaborative team-player, with the ability to work closely with business and technology stakeholders, as well as design colleagues on our global team. You should possess a passion for developing elegant solutions to complex usability problems with solid experience translating business and technology constraints into well-integrated, world-class, end-user experiences . Additionally, this rol e involves leadership and mentorship of User Experience team members.
The role requires a highly skilled practitioner with proven expertise across all phases of the user-centered design methodology. You will collaborate closely with Experience Design team members, Product Strategists, Developers, and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into compelling experiences.
- Design the overall look and feel of interactive user interfaces for multi-featured strategic product initiatives, often working on numerous initiative concurrently
- Lead collaboration with Product Strategists and stakeholders to determine and document detailed requirements
- Create and iterate on wireframes, flow charts, site-maps and detailed specifications, including building clickable prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Contribute to the development of our robust pattern library
- Participate in the overall definition of our design process
- Manage and mentor Experience Design team members, clearly communicate tasks and provide constructive feedback
- Strong passion for innovative designs that optimize user engagement
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time
- Self-accountability for meeting high standard of excellence
- Ability to confidently present work and to accept and provide constructive feedback
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills demonstrating sensitivity and persuasiveness
- Solutions-oriented attitude toward any risks and challenges
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
** An online portfolio or samples that can be submitted with your resume is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Design, Architecture or similar required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years' experience in Interaction Design, Information Architecture, or User Interface Design for desktop and mobile web-based applications
- Highly skilled practitioner with demonstrated expertise in the design, production and presentation of user interface designs that supports the needs of the customer
- Strong ability to communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline
- A portfolio demonstrating experience designing complex desktop and mobile web-based applications - including wireframes, site maps, and process flows
- Ability to present design concepts, iterations, and final wireframes and to defend design decisions along the way
- Strong desire and ability to perform as a collaborative team player and successfully juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Eagerness to grow existing knowledge in the Interaction Design field
- Expert skill with design tools, including Axure, Sketch, Adobe CS
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred
- Financial Services experience a plus
This is an Interaction Design Lead role, not a Visual Design or Business Analyst role.**
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.