- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 17
AVP Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAManage IT projects or program level initiatives that are very complex, large & long-term.
Functional Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities for the position include:
- Manage directly or direct project teams and/or PMO Staff members (senior and junior) in managing multiple complex projects and programs that are important to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievements of company objectives. The projects/program are broad scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact, long implementation time frames, cross functional and of significant magnitude. The resources could be onsite or off shore. Project Budgets approximately $5M-$10M.
- Actively manage Stakeholders expectations, resource alignment, and possible conflicting priorities across the projects. Lead scope definition and communication sessions. Utilize negotiation skill sets to drive project team and Executives to make decisions in a timely manner in order to deliver project as to agreed scope, schedule and within budget.
- Partnering with Corporate Planning, track project/program budgets at a detail level. Whenever possible, identify and implement resource, development, and financial efficiencies within the project interdependencies.
- Utilizing expertise, lead project sessions such as estimation, requirements, scheduling/planning within an iterative development (RUP, Agile) framework. Lend broad and deep credibility during discussions because of past experience. Serve as mentor/coach to others on the team in this capacity. Consult with appropriate SME's.
- Demonstrate commitment and ensure team adherence to MIT Enterprise Project Governance and Project
- Data Integrity within activities such as MIT Investment Framework, Estimation, Purchasing, Project, Resource & Development tools, Planning, Scheduling, Execution, Iterative Development Methodologies, Risk
- Management, Quality & Process Control. Change Management, Project Completion/Closeout, Status
- Reports, Presentations, Training Plans and Transition to Operations.
- Lead and drive issue resolution, risk identification and mitigation, change and dependency management.
- Encourage the active use of a strong risk management framework with the project teams and stakeholders.
- Provide excellently crafted MIT Governance communication vehicles on time and with completeness such as
- Resource Management reports, Watch List Status Reports, IT Executive Council, Board of Directors status, utilizing MS Office tools suite. Ensure all communications are based on audience and situation.
- Actively demonstrate abilities as a 'Self Starter, 'In Charge' 'Thought Leader' & 'Mentor/Coach' who is proactive in seeking opportunities to serve in leadership roles, even outside of their area of responsibility.
- Consistently demonstrate MIT values, especially in the area of Leadership within their project and Organizational team.
- 'Lead by example'. Build a reputation as a positive problem solver who collaborates in a constructive manner to create iterative improvements for operational efficiencies within the position, project team, and MIT.
- Set the direction for the project team. Maximizing the performance. Ensure respectful communications by creating an atmosphere of collaboration and iterative improvements, inspiring people and teamwork, and welcoming change by team engagement of planning and problem solving.
- Proactively seek out to address ambiguity by providing clarity and by owning and executing solutions.
- Provide a positive presence to Organizational team. Volunteer and own organizational deliverables through execution.
- Drive through 'analysis paralysis' and make progress with minimal direction. Multi-task by managing the execution of ad hoc vs. planned deliverables within tight timeframes, among multiple managers with conflicting priorities.
- Ensure project team records all labor actuals in Resource Management System. Provide timely monthly and quarterly sign off on all MIT Financial Governance articles and successfully pass all SQA, Internal, and SOX Controls.
- Be conscious of team behavior and contribute constructive feedback to line managers for annual
- Performance Evaluation
- Manages project team(s), Associate Project Manager(s), Project Manager(s) depending on the projects assigned.
- Directly responsible to MIT Executive in charge of project.
- Directly responsible to Organizational Manager. Will have responsibilities on the Organizational team outside of the assigned project. May have direct reports.
- Promotes interaction within the project team, including MIT, Business Executives and End Users plus other
- MCO departments or organizations in order to deliver project.
- Promotes interaction with members of the Organizational team.
- Proactively engage in interaction with external vendors, consultants for project/program effectiveness (on and offshore).
Minimum education and work experience required for position includes:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience MBA / MA;
- PMP Certification required before hire or transfer
- Must have 10+ years of demonstrated IT PM experience & 5 years of senior management experience,
- preferably in the financial sector, encompassing iterative development methodologies, all with increasing
- levels of responsibility and budget management. (approx $5M-$10M)
- 3 years experience in strategic business planning preferred.
- Excellent and purposefully demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and the inherent responsibilities as a PM utilizing an iterative development methodology. Ability to lead team sessions in scope, estimation, planning, scheduling, etc. lending deep knowledge to discussions because of past practical experience.
- Ability to organize complementary projects into programs and manage accordingly.
- Reputation as an "In Charge" and "Take Charge' project manager with the experience in leading projects/program which are broad scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact, long implementation time frames, cross functional and of significant magnitude. Resources could be onsite or off shore.
- Excellent project financial skill sets.
- Excellent ability to create, analyze and present written, verbal, and presentation communication skills to various audiences.
- Commitment to leadership both and words and actions within the project and Organizational team.
- Proactively and continually identify and execute operational efficiencies. Excellent 'change management' skills, with the ability to create clarity where ambiguity exists.
- Excellent multi-Stakeholder management skills with strong negotiation competencies, providing positive interactions.
- Ability to set direction and delegate, then follow up as necessary to ensure team meets project/program deliverables are being met.
- Excellent proven ability leading the project team in processes, artifacts, and deliverables to ensure adherence to MIT/MCO Enterprise Project Governance and Project Data Integrity as a sign of MIT organizational maturity.
- Ability to follow and execute directives with the talent to anticipate needs of the manger. Own and execute the deliverables based on those needs.
- Ability to proactively create clarity where ambiguity exits.
- Excellent ability to multi-task in a multi-manager, complex environment. Deliver as an individual contributor and within a team context possessing a positive attitude with positive results. Excellent ability to deliver results with changing priorities and ad hoc deliverables within tight timeframes.
- Highly dependable in supporting Management and influencing peers in cultural changes or deliverables.
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.