- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 17
Assistant Director – Project Manager (Product Development)
Location: Omaha, NE, USARole/Responsibilities:
This Project Manager role is responsible for providing oversight to strategic initiatives with respect to the overall program strategy and managing their successful execution related to delivery and maintenance of our hosted products.
Our organization develops and maintains a cloud-based lending platform that streamlines the credit decisioning and monitoring process for commercial, agricultural and small business lenders. The core Product Development, Engineering and Professional Services teams are located in Omaha, NE and are part of an extended globally distributed team that includes Sales and Marketing as well as Product Development and Engineering of complementary products.
Employees may be provided direct access to client confidential data and must treat and maintain such data with complete confidentiality to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Project Planning and Change Management - Facilitating the development of project plans and updating those plans in response to changing requirements
- Project Communication Management - Develop and execute a project communication strategy that establishes and maintains a shared understanding amongst key project stakeholders. Key project stakeholders includes, but is not limited to, Product Owners, Engineering Management, Sales and other team members assigned to relevant initiatives.
- Project Scope and Requirements Management - Managing the process for defining and scheduling requirements. Monitoring scope, updating plans and schedules as scope changes, and facilitating negotiations when scope changes conflict with other program constraints.
- Project Resource Management - Forecasting project resource requirements and managing the assignment and roll-off of resources. This includes both internal and external resources where external resources include contractors and the use of partners to whom work may be outsourced.
- Project Infrastructure - Develop and manage a plan to develop and maintain the infrastructure required to support the project. This includes IT infrastructure and other non-people resources required for successful execution of the initiative.
- Project Monitoring and Status Reporting - Effectively monitor and report on project progress.
- Project Quality Management - Provide clear oversight of defined quality metrics and feedback and resolution for ongoing improvement.
- Project Risk Management - Provide effective and responsive identification, monitoring and response to project risks and issues; both internal and external.
- Project Communications - Maintain a level of transparency that supports effective and efficient collaboration within the project and program team; ensure timely and accurate information sharing with key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
Enterprise Risk Solutions
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with project oversight on Software Development or Custom Application initiatives in a standard SDLC environment.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for 2+ teams of appropriate Scrum team size for a minimum of 3 years in a Software Development or Custom Application capacity where Scrum Principles, practices and theory were utilized.
- Knowledge and/or experience using various Agile techniques: User Story Breakdown, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, etc.
- Knowledge of various patterns and techniques for fulfilling the Scrum approach related to Product Backlog grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Burn-down techniques, Retrospective formats, bug/defect handling and tracking, etc.
- Relevant project management/Scrum certification would be a plus
- Ability to take direction from management staff and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Track record of helping projects meet aggressive timescales, while ensuring that high levels of quality are maintained.
- Experience in planning complex multidisciplinary projects in a global and multicultural organization.
- Extensive project management experience, ideally within a financial institution or financial software organization
- Project experience in the commercial credit origination business domain is a plus
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a senior audience.
- The ability to actively oversee and manage all project resources including internal staff, contractors and partners
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assure customer satisfaction.
- Proven relationship-building skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance relationships within the team, to build consensus and drive project forward.
- Experience developing and managing projected forecasts related to schedule, resources, etc. is required.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adjust priorities and plans in response to changing objectives and/or impediments
- Have a highly energetic, flexible, and driven personality
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Produce high quality deliverables
- Ability to work after hours to accommodate meeting project deliverables, the release schedule of our software and the operational needs of our customers, as needed
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross -functional technical and non-technical teams as well as senior level business executives
- Intellectually curious
- Interested in learning new processes and tools in order to develop best practices
- Be able to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment
- Possess strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.