Network and Systems Monitoring Specialist (EngOps)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- An outstanding opportunity in the Low Latency Electronic Trading Infrastructure Group, within the High Performance Hosting Solutions division to design, implement and operate class leading tools that facilitate observability and insight across multiple infrastructure technical domains.
- Opportunities to act as a subject matter expert for our global portfolio of tools that include products from FSM Labs, Corvil, Apcon, Influx, Arista, Splunk, NetBrain and InMon.
Our team is responsible for clock synchronization, packet capture and analysis, and IT infrastructure monitoring (ITIM). Join us while we are in a transitional state and you will have broad opportunity to influence our direction as we onboard new tools and strategically consolidate existing capabilities. Exciting projects will include a global adoption of Arista CloudVision and the Influx TICK stack.
Day to day responsibilities will include servicing packet capture requests, implementing latency and or order volume measurements with Corvil and other product suites, and systems administration of the aforementioned tools. You must be able to listen carefully to our customer's requests and derive what actions are necessary to achieve their goals.
The selected individual will ultimately use a diverse set of tools to move the needle forward from a reactive mode of operation to one where we correlate data, look for leading indicators and generate relevant alerts or trigger automations to front run infrastructure issues.
Our firm is one of the highest performing electronic trading institutions in the world - join us for a ride to the top. You Offer
- A keen understanding of the value of diversity in the workplace and a dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Prior experience administering Linux (primarily) and Windows server operating systems
- Previous experience deploying software across server platforms in an enterprise environment with appropriate maturity and considerations for RBAC and other ecosystem integrations.
- Shell scripting experience at a minimum. Preferable candidates have a moderate level of experience with Python or another language, and willingness to learn Go.
- Fundamental understanding of tiered network topologies
- Experience with packet broker and or packet capture solutions are a huge plus!
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- An inquisitive nature, big picture mentality, and willingness to learn
- A tenacious work ethic with commitment to follow through
- Hardworking with the ability to work independently while communicating and collaborating effectively
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.