Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to lead the delivery of our next generation Wellington Investment Strategy Environment (WISE) IT platform. This platform will enable investors to monitor their investment strategies, and gain insights into how strategies are performing. This is an exciting and complex program with broad impact on the investor community, and involves coordination and exposure across multiple technology teams for a successful delivery.
This position requires a high level of collaboration with business and technology partners across the firm, and an ability to deliver in a fast-paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, drive projects forward, and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage with business partners at different levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements for the WISE platform
- Champion the needs of the business partners and serve as a trusted advisor
- Manage the analyst team responsible for the delivery of WISE
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team (including IBOR, accounting, performance and portfolio construction) to ensure on time, scalable and high-quality business solutions
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Create prototypes; assist with systems and UX/UI design
- Provide hands-on analysis for support issues and assist with user training
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release testing
- Assist with project management activities
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 7+ years business analysis or systems analysis experience in financial statement analysis, investment management or financial services environment
- Experience leading the delivery of large scale, complex projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Analytical and problem solving skills in buy-side investment management systems and data technologies.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of investors workflows in areas of analysis and portfolio construction
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is absolutely essential for this position.
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- CFA Institute Investment Foundations Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset
Lead Systems Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .