Investor Relations, AVP
Who we are looking for
As part of the IR team, the successful candidate will assist IR team members in the accurate and timely delivery of information and insight between the bank and the investment community, allowing the market to make an informed judgement about the fair value of STT. You'll be acting as a trusted internal adviser to senior management of the bank, delivering insightful feedback on the business performance in the context of the wider market. The IR analyst will play an integral role in supporting the Global Head of IR, the wider IR team and STT executives in preparing for quarterly earnings as well as industry investor conferences and meetings. The IR analyst will have responsibilities including financial modelling of STT, peer valuation, and the generation of timely market intelligence and surveillance. The position will work closely with the offices of the CEO and CFO, as well as other Management Committee members and business heads to coordinate efforts across multiple functions including legal, SEC reporting, finance and compliance. The position requires significant attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, an analytical mindset, an understanding of corporate finance as well as a demonstrated ability to deliver results within a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be employed at the level of Assistant Vice President (AVP). Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Investor Relations, AVP you will be
What we value
- Producing comprehensive qualitative and quantitative industry, peer, and STT- analysis, including financial and performance metrics to be distributed to senior management
- Providing timely market surveillance and intelligence to IR team members as well as senior business leaders
- Assisting in the development and management of complex documents such as earnings releases, management scripts and Q&A documents as well as presentation materials
- Attending internal meetings with executive management (CEO, CFO, Business Unit heads) to better understand the financial and strategic impact of management actions
- Assist in ad-hoc projects
- Proactively identifying and managing risk within the IR team
The Investor Relations (IR) team liaises between State Street Corporation (STT)'s Management Committee and its institutional shareholders (real money asset managers, pension funds, hedge funds etc.). IR is a strategic management responsibility that aims to integrate finance, communication, and securities law compliance to enable the most effective two-way communication between the company, the financial community, and other constituencies, which ultimately contributes to the company's stock valuation. Externally, IR makes public strategic, operating, and financial information which can help investors assess the company's performance, valuation and strategic vision. Internally, IR synthesizes and effectively communicates feedback from institutional investors and sell-side research analysts to help senior management set STT's strategic objectives as well as implementation plans. Education & Preferred Qualifications
About State Street What we do.
- Investor Relations or sell-side experience is a requirement for this position
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the following areas: Investor Relations, credit or equity sell-side research, corporate finance, or investment banking with a focus on banking or financials
- A high level of numeracy with a detailed knowledge of bank financial analysis and valuation techniques
- The ability to take initiative and execute independently to resolve complex issues
- CFA Charterholder or equivalent qualification highly desirable
- Highly motivated to deliver high value add projects in a fast-paced environment
- An uncompromising ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and the highest level of discretion in handling material non-public information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with an ability to be a credible adviser to senior stakeholders
- An understanding of the regulatory environment and requirements governing the U.S. banking and investment industry
- The ability to develop an excellent network of relationships within the bank
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills, with detailed knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers