Senior Compliance Analyst
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Senior Compliance Analyst
Interactive Brokers is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 100 market centers in 25 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 657,000 trades per day (First Quarter 2017 results). At Interactive Brokers, you will be part of a dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Timber Hill is a market maker in equity options, futures and index products around the world. Timber Hill was founded on the principle that a computerized trading system that could process pricing and integrated risk exposure information quickly would allow the firm to profitably make markets in many different listed financial instruments simultaneously. The Company's market making is focused on capturing bid/offer spreads in the course of providing liquidity in listed financial instruments. Timber Hill has revolutionized trading in exchange-traded equity options and equity-index options and futures through the use of technology to automate and integrate trading and risk management functions.
Interactive Brokers LLC is an SEC-registered broker-dealer and a CFTC-registered futures commission merchant, as well as a member of FINRA and the NFA. Our legal and compliance department is growing and we are looking for high quality talent.
[i] Figures as of December 31 , 2015. Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
The Senior Compliance Analyst position requires familiarity with SEC, FINRA, CFTC and NFA rules and regulations and appropriate experience at a regulatory agency, exchange, broker-dealer or FCM.
- Review and principal approval of advertisements, marketing materials and webinars written by IB staff and materials posted by third-party service providers on Interactive's Investors' Marketplace.
- Handling regulatory inquiries from the SEC, FINRA, CFTC, and NFA concerning securities, commodities and derivatives trading and compliance issues.
- Researching, interpreting and advising the firm regarding compliance with laws, regulations and guidance applicable to broker-dealers and futures commission merchants.
- Meeting with and responding to the FINRA and NFA regulators during audits of the firm.
- Filing of required communications for regulatory approval
- Review of daily and weekly surveillance reports.
- Drafting and implementing firm policies and written supervisory procedures.
- Developing and implementing remedial action plans in response to internal and external audit findings.
- 5 years' experience with the SEC, FINRA, CFTC, NFA, an exchange or another broker-dealer or FCM.
- Appropriately registered compliance officer (i.e., at least a Series 24 and/or Series 3 and Series 4 registration).
- Solid academic background with strong quantitative/analytical skills.
- Experience with FINRA and NFA rules concerning broker-dealer and FCM communications with the public, including the requirements for filing communications for regulatory approval would be strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in highly automated environment and/or high degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory issues.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.