Private Wealth Management Specialist NE
Job Description: Business Overview:
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Wealth Planner role is a position on the Financial Advisor Team which operates in a capacity to further develop and service the client base. They are responsible for implementing and executing the Elite Growth Practice Model (EGP) in their specific functional role. Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the teams practice. Performance is measured through specific goals, metrics and behavior's related to the execution of the EGP model. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Wealth Planner position may be filled at a Trainee, Specialist or Senior level depending on experience of the candidate and needs of the Financial Advisor Team. The Trainee is a non-exempt position for a hire lacking required security licenses and/or designation. This position allows the individual to become fully licensed and achieve the appropriate designations required for the position. If Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) licenses and approved designation are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
The Wealth Planner works closely with Financial Advisor(s) and/or Advisor Team(s) to provide comprehensive financial planning through strategic planning advice. He/she is focused on understanding clients' needs and goals proactively identifying strategic planning and investment opportunities to better meet client's financial objectives. Drives the planning process through execution of extensive data gathering, analyzing, and data input with the end goal of creating a robust financial plan for Financial Advisor(s) and Advisor Team(s) to share with clients. Fosters relationships with internal specialists to ensure alignment of client goals to plan and explore opportunities to further enhance client relationships. The successful candidate will have knowledge of estate and gift taxes, philanthropy, trust structures, insurance, income tax planning, and investment Management. Requires a comprehensive understanding of the suite of solutions, platforms, and initiatives across the enterprise. Role Responsibilities
- Gather extensive financial information to drive plan creation
- Enter client information into planning tool
- Schedule and prepare materials for client meetings
- Attend client meetings to review plan, capture changes and agree on next steps
- Leverage financial data to identify possible solutions to meet client needs and goals
- Engage specialists and partners to address client needs and deliver solutions
- Monitor and update client information and plan changes on a consistent basis
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent; must obtain all state registrations in support of Financial Advisor(s) and Advisor Team(s) If Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
- SAFE ACT Registration; ADV-2B Required
- CFP® or CPWA® designation preferred or obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation
- Understanding of how to deliver a strong overall client experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the suite of Wealth Management products and services
- Possess and demonstrate strong communication skills
- Superior relationship management skills to partner effectively with specialists and across lines of business to meet the needs of clients
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends, root cause and effects and develop strategies to increase growth and mitigate risk
- Ability to make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of financial planning best practices and policies/procedures
- Ability to identify client needs and concerns, and articulate appropriate approach to align solutions to goals in a suitable and controlled way
Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Lynch does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
**This position is posted as a more senior position but is flexible to be filled as a lower level position if the posted qualifications are met by a strong lower level applicant.
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role