We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Financial Analyst will be a member of a small team of individuals with primary responsibilities for preparing accruals, analyzing, budgeting and forecasting for critical compensation expense programs.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to handle confidential information in a discretionary fashion and must be able to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be a self-motivated, innovative and a solution minded individual with solid communication and problem solving skills. Attention to detail, accountability, and flexibility are essential. Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
(including the following, other duties may be assigned)
Position Requirements: Position Requirements:
- Calculate and prepare compensation related accrual entries as part of monthly Accounting close process.
- Work closely with Accounting and HR in the reconciliation of various compensation related payments.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and reporting department operating expenses
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly reports and analysis
- Assist with documentation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- Assist team members as needed
- Special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and other duties as assigned
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Financial Analyst or similar role.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel skills and using PIVOT tables, VLOOKUP and higher level functions.
- Ability to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality. Must be able to handle extremely confidential information in an expeditious and discretionary fashion.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively and autonomously problem solve
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage professionally and succinctly with all levels across the firm
- Strong commitment to providing quality work and ensure work is delivered completely, accurately, and timely
- Able to respond effectively to inquiries from various levels of management and maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Strong sense of urgency and able to organize and prioritize, including handling multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment as well as independently to accomplish business objectives
- Committed to PIMCOs values: Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence that allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
- Exceptional organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to deliver on assigned responsibilities with attention to details, and use of effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, manage deadlines, and support initiatives in fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Proactive with process improvement and able to embrace change and new technology
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office