The Main responsibilities of the role are:
• Manage and own the letter of credit process within the treasury team. This will be done working closely with internal departments, banks, and suppliers:
• Monitoring and analysing the groups financial exposure with counterparts to ensure the utilisation of available open lines is optimized
• Negotiating formats, preparation and issuance of import and validation of export Letter of Credits
• Secondary validation of cargo invoices prior payment processing by the back office
• Arrange documentary collections and follow the flow of original documentation
• Trade finance related cost control
• Identifying and initiating open credit negotiations with targeted counterparts to reduce the credit facility utilisation, transactional costs and associated trade finance workflow.
• Maintain a current record of letter of credit ensuring this is accurate and ties back to the position reported by the issuing banks.
• Liaising with cash management function to forecast letter of credit lines utilisation and cash requirements
• Generate and analyse reporting on trade finance and settlements activities
• Facilitate work process improvements through idea generation, applying knowledge.
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.