Sr. Manager, Global Enterprise Support
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical leaders to help Amazon's largest and most strategically important customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will work one-on-one with one of our top-tier customers, supporting the software development life-cycle for cloud services, operations management of active services, and business relationships with AWS.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of Amazon Web Services with one of our largest customers. You must possess management and customer-facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
As Sr. Manager, Enterprise Support, you will lead a team of Global Technical Account Managers who are the primary operational point of contact for your customer, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience to work closely with sales leadership to plan and ensure successful launch and operations of AWS's largest application workloads. You will lead operations reviews, both internally and with your customers, while constantly seeking ways to improve your customer's AWS experience. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
• Develop the team responsible for solving technical issues and working directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Help Global Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
• Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
• Work with AWS executive leadership to influence the product roadmap
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
• Analyze and present operational reviews to customer leadership BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of technical experience managing scale applications and/or infrastructure
• 5+ years of experience in direct customer engagement, with a focus on support to senior executives (C-level)
• Must have a track record of effectively managing technical teams of 15+ employees spread across multiple geographies PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience scaling an organization through rapid growth or expansion
• Previous experience in technical account management, business relationship management or consulting
• Previous experience managing a budget or P&L
• An adaptable communication style that can fit diverse audiences (with varying technical backgrounds)
• Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations
• Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality focus
• A degree in an STEM field is a plus; an MBA is a big plus
• Experience with AWS service offerings
• Estimated 25-35% travel requirement
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.