My client is a highly reputable, global asset manager with an established, yet growing real estate division. This fund controller will manage the reporting and accounting across a range of real assets funds and seg mandates.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining robust controls and processes; and will ensure that fund pricing and financial reporting, including management accounts and financial statements, are produced consistently, on time and to a high standard.
- IFRS Financial & Regulatory Reporting - open-ended / closed-ended fund structures or segregated mandate structures
- Review and approval of IFRS / Local (statutory) GAAP financials within the fund structure
- Management and oversight of the fund administrators/ SPV external accounting service providers
- Calculation of fund and investor performance returns
- Preparation of financial information for internal and external Board and Committees
- Deal/Fund tax structuring support for Portfolio Management teams
- Cash management across the entire fund structure
- Maintenance of bank accounts and online banking solutions
- Active management of the SPV/Fund liquidation process
- Financial due diligence of new target investments
- Risk & Investment restrictions monitoring and reporting
- Preparation and reviewing client financial reporting
- 6+ years of asset management industry experience, working within Real Estate and/or other real asset classes.
- In depth understanding of: Current accounting standards (UK GAAP, IFRS and Lux GAAP); Accounting for real assets activities and complex transactions; Common fund structures and tax issues
- Knowledge of local corporate taxation requirements
- Knowledge of UK and Luxembourg based fund structures
- Oversight and management of third-party fund administrators, accountants, tax advisors etc.
- Willingness to travel
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Yardi experience preferred