Principal, Product Management: Business Processes and Operating Model Lead
- Align long-term program vision with practical business needs and outcomes.
- Serve as key liaison to drive establishment of Operating Models.
- Ensure Asset Servicing & Digital business interests and impact are clearly articulated and incorporated into program plans.
- Leads product management, development and strategy for significantly large and/or complex products of strategic importance.
- Role is not always tied to a specific product. Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential or that represent a niche/specialty offering and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings.
- Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product.
- Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen. Responsible for crafting the strategies behind product development and delivery.
- Must have market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors.
- Is directly responsible for product profitability across a range of large, complex, global products.
- Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
- Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
- Seen as a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance to the firm.
- Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics.
- Oversees pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators. Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages.
- Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on deals as needed.
- May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
- Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitability of assigned product(s).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Product Leadership Certification preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Digital Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: