A Global Asset Management client are looking to recruit a Principal/Lead Engineer to join the Fixed Income Front Office technology team where you will be building a suite of next-generation, cloud native applications. In this role, you will help engineer and develop new capabilities using modern web/cloud technologies for use by their Portfolio Managers and Quantitative Analysts.
Principal/Lead Software Engineer – Front Office Technology
This is a hands-on, full-stack leadership role, providing opportunities to solve complex business, logic, data and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire product life-cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
Technology and Business Skills:
- Expert knowledge in Java, with experience utilising object oriented and functional programming styles
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools – React/Redux, Node.js, D3, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter
- Experience building and deploying a modern web/cloud stack:
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or similar
- ECS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Continuous integration and deployment technologies
- Knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies – SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RedShift
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages o Strong desire to develop using TDD and BDD technologies