People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. Itâ€™s personable, human and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like â€hard workâ€ and â€dedicationâ€ together with â€communityâ€ and â€respectâ€ has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and itâ€™s makes us different. Itâ€™s what make you different. Mission Description of the Business Line or Department
Kleinwort Hambros Wealth Planning offers a comprehensive wealth planning service that complements our investment management expertise, allowing us to provide an integrated and coordinated approach to managing a clientâ€™s wealth, whilst maximising the opportunities available. Our Wealth Planning advice is tailored to our clients whether they be UK or International covering areas such as: retirement planning. investment structuring, financial protection, succession planning along with trust and judiciary services and cross border planning. The key objective of the team is to maximise the revenue and asset gathering through providing a comprehensive wealth planning offering to Kleinwort Hambros clientâ€™s. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- Support a team of highly productive UK Wealth Planners to deliver an outstanding research and report writing service to their High Net Worth clients.
- The Senior Paraplanner will manage the entire process from first point of contact from a new client to undertaking business, ensuring all other relevant staff are engaged, follow and develop robust company procedures and protocol and produce relevant and accurate documentation at each stage of the process.
- The applicant will be a self-starter, expected to have a high level of independent responsibility, whilst being involved in a wide range of activities. The candidate will be required to utilise and strengthen their industry knowledge and be willing to become an FCA approved person within Kleinwort Hambros.
- To provide financial planning advice to clients introduced by Private Bankers. To assist the private bankers in establishing and developing profitable working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- To assist with the management, development and promotion of relationships with professional intermediaries and introducers.
- The candidate would be expected to undertake further professional training as required and stay up to date with industry and firm level announcements. This is a key role in which the candidate will work with Wealth Planners and Head of the Department in shaping the direction of the Wealth Planning offering.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Support a team of Wealth planners in carrying out high quality research on a full range of financial planning products and services in line with Kleinwort Hambros advice processes and compliance framework.
- Write comprehensive and compliant detailed strategy and suitability reports
- Work closely with Head of UK and International Wealth Planning to share and adopt best practice.
- A strong working knowledge of pre and post retirement planning (including pension switch/transfers) investments and taxation to high net worth clients.
- Ability to understand and articulate Wealth Planners requirements, in line with the clientâ€™s objectives flagging opportunities and concerns.
- Ensure all client documentation is received, complete and compliant
- Obtaining information on clientâ€™s existing financial arrangements and conduct a gap analysis where appropriate.
- Producing high quality strategy and suitability reports that are clear to the client, written in plain English and take account of any compliance requirements.
- Through client file reviews, Identify any further future business opportunity and discuss with the Wealth Planner.
- Regular, open and honest communication with the relevant Wealth Planner throughout the process.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships.
Escalate or refer when outside control and remit. This should be conducted as and when required. Profile Competencies
- Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- Knowledge of legal regulatory and industry requirements
- Proven experience of providing a first class para planning service.
- Able to communicate, build relationships and influence at all levels.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to stay focused under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Good knowledge of pension transfers, investment, SIPPâ€™s, post retirement and Inheritance tax planning
- Wider knowledge of industry issues including TCF and RDR
- Able to follow processes and identify and implement improvements
- Confidence having challenging and sometimes difficult conversations with Wealth Planners.
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Relationship Building
- Commercial Awareness
- Self motivated and ability to work independently
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or gender reassignment.