Newton - Salesforce Technical Lead
The role represents an exciting opportunity to join Newton's Engineering Group working in one of Newton's technical product teams to contribute to, and drive the delivery of Newton's Salesforce CRM platform. We are looking for a highly talented lead engineer to be part of a scrum team delivering business and client focussed full stack solutions and designs.
This lead role will allow the successful candidate to become the subject matter expert in both Salesforce.com and Pardot, and lead on development initiatives in this area. There will also be opportunity to both coach and mentor more junior developers
In this client facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration.
- Work in collaboration with peers and contribute to new tech discussions.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements, relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy.
- Calmly deal with issues; being happy to get stuck in to help fix issues and assist in identifying causes and effectively dealing with them.
Newton Investment Management is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management's specialists, and are a London-based global investment house with expertise in a range of disciplines, including global, regional and emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds. A global, thematic approach to investment helps them achieve long-term perspective on global financial markets and economies, and identify areas of long-term risk and opportunity. Their belief is that responsible investment is better investment for clients and they consider ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues in relation to every company in which they invest. Newton is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers. Our Values:
What's on Offer?
- Trusted: We work in an open and honest way and with transparency. We do what we say we will do and work towards a common goal. We act with honesty and integrity and always do what is right. We make good informed decisions and act in the best interest of Newton and its clients. Our clients trust us to do the right thing.
- Collaborative: We work together to create solutions for the benefit of the business and our clients. We recognise diversity and innovation as valuable tools in achieving our goals. We search out new opportunities and ideas by involving the right people in discussions and decision making. We welcome different perspectives in our pursuit of the best possible solution. We work in partnership with our clients.
- Open-minded: We consider new ideas and strategies and identify new and different ways of being successful. We are flexible and open to change even when that change challenges our current viewpoint. We welcome different perspectives and diversity of thought to keep our approaches' innovative and current. We are curious about the opinions of others and recognise their contributions.
- Accountable: We take ownership of our role in driving the business forward and meeting our business objectives. We own the explicit decision making process and acknowledge our successes and areas of development as a basis for improvements without blame. We have clear defined roles and work together to ensure hand offs and jointly owned functions are delivered effectively. We are empowered to work autonomously and take pride in our personal contributions.
- Purposeful; We share a clear set of goals and strategies and work towards them collectively to fulfil our business objectives. We have a clear set of standards and approaches that provide context and guidance to our purpose. We are deliberate in how we work with our clients and stakeholders differentiating us from our competitors. We operate with clear intent delivering solutions as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Dynamic: We adapt to the changing market conditions and explore new and innovative solutions to support our clients changing needs. We encourage idea generation and progress new ideas and opportunities quickly. We are agile and flexible demonstrating a willingness to change to remain competitive. We are energised, enthusiastic and challenge how and what we do to remain relevant.
- Entrepreunerial: We have the conviction to generate new ideas and recognise the need for experimentation and diversity of thought. We are agile and faced paced using effective decision making to agree and drive forward or dismiss and continue to search for a solution. We work with our colleagues, stakeholders and clients to create innovative future proof solutions and deliver them in a timely manner. We think like owners and recognise the personal contribution we make in supporting Newton's continuing success.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organization a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity. Key Responsibilities
- Design and deliver technical solutions around Newton's CRM platform with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
- Collaborate on requirements gathering for ongoing enhancements to the platform
- Bug fixing and issue investigation
- Work closely with the testing team to ensure the quality of deliverables
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders
- Over time transition into the technical owner of Salesforce and Newton's CRM platform
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge
- Extensive experience with Salesforce.com
- Salesforce Lightning framework
- Apex and VisualForce
- Git & CI/CD experience
- Experience in relational databases, and integration via APIs
- Advocate of agile engineering principles combined with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
- Any .Net experience would be beneficial (in supporting an existing custom integration) but not essential
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Salesforce certified developer (preferred)
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
- Build relationships with developers and teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Servicing Internal Jobcode:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: