This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Investment Analyst to join Jupiter's Chrysalis team. Chrysalis Investments Limited (the "Company") is an investment trust that is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The investment objective of the Company is to generate long term capital growth through investing in a portfolio consisting primarily of equity or equity-related investments in unquoted and listed companies.
The Chrysalis proposition is to back outstanding entrepreneurs and high growth private companies with permanent crossover capital. The team identifies which business models are best equipped to exploit an evolving opportunity through truly innovative and cutting-edge technologies and then backs them to succeed, often over multiple funding rounds.
Chrysalis has established itself as a material player in the late-stage, private market in Europe, partly due to its ability to fund investee companies up to and through IPO, helping them de-risk this process and align them with a natural buyer of listed equity via the team's other, listed market focused, funds.
The Company has also successfully raised over £800 million in capital since IPO, by offering shareholders access to some of the most exciting private growth names, which are typically unavailable to most individual investors.
The successful candidate will need to be able to integrate well into a small team and prove self-starting credentials. Some experience of private markets is also likely to be beneficial.
- Generate investment ideas by:
- Researching companies and sectors;
- Developing and enhancing the origination network of brokers and other intermediaries;
- Using external research and quantitative systems
- Review performance of existing companies in the portfolio and monitor holdings.
- Conduct preliminary meetings with potential investee companies to extract sufficient information to make recommendations to the Investment Manager.
- Complete bespoke quantitative and qualitative research and financial modelling on companies, sectors or themes relating to the Investment Manager's investment process.
- Produce accurate, clear and timely proposals for the Investment Manager.
- In conjunction with the Investment Manager regularly review portfolio valuations including reconciliations.
- Prepare data for client presentations.
- Support portfolio administration.
- Check and compile data for a range of regular and ad hoc internal and external reports.
- Work with the team to ensure that accurate information is supplied in a timely way to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across the Company.
Desired Skills / Experience
- The role will suit an experienced, proven Investment Professional with experience in the Private Equity and / or Investment Trust sectors
- Evidence of strong analytical ability and fundamental research skills.
- Experience of private markets
- Strong financial analysis, valuation, ESG and modelling skills.
- Ability to produce clear and appropriately documented analysis in timely fashion.
- A keen interest in investment and markets.
- Highly numerate with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Organisational skills - capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - adaptable and innovative in an evolving team.
- IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and proficient with technology.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Resilient - able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
Additional Role Details