6 month fixed term contract opportunity for an accountant with IFRS17 experience. We are fully equipped to recruit and onboard new hires remotely.
M&G is currently embarked on an ambitious financial change programme which includes the introduction of the IFRS 17 reporting metric. At the heart of this, the IFRS 17 Engine workstream is tasked with implementing a vendor-supplied IFRS 17 engine and reporting solution in a controlled manner by the end of 2020.
The IFRS 17 Engine will calculate all key IFRS 17 numbers from a number of types of input information which range from being “actuarial” to being “accounting” in nature. The output of this engine will include balance sheet numbers and also key items on the future P&L and, as such, is crucial in the reporting of M&G’s future reported IFRS profitability.
A key success factor in the implementation of the IFRS 17 Engine is to ensure that the outputs of the Engine meet the input requirements of the accounting systems – sub-ledger, Accounting Rules Engine and General Ledger. We therefore need an accountant to provide accounting expertise and knowledge to the development of the IFRS 17 elements of the P&L, balance sheet and other disclosures. Advising on the consolidation process is a key aspect of this role.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract position and we are fully equipped to recruit and onboard employees remotely.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
To ensure your success in this role you will have:
- An accountancy qualification with a good knowledge of IFRS 17 accounting requirements
- Knowledge of the VFA and GMM methods of IFRS 17, including how the analysis of change works for these methods – training will be provided if required
- Knowledge of UK with profits type funds and common life insurance products would be advantageous
- A detailed knowledge of common accounting operations specifically to include the creation of journals from a Chart of Account and the principles of intra-group consolidation
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience of working with and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of finance transformation, ideally on large scale systems implementations
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, able to process and present information in a structured format to meet demanding timescales, and present in a clear unambiguous way.
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Emma Pryde
Closing Date: 5th November 2020