High Yield Credit Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the continued expansion of our global investment platform, we are currently seeking to recruit a High Yield Credit Analyst to join our High Yield Credit Research team. Based in London, this individual will focus primarily on European and/or global credits, and will be responsible for following several industries in the high yield market, and for providing fundamental credit research on the bond and loan issuers within them. As an active member of the High Yield team, he/she will be fully integrated into the investment process and will be expected to provide investment recommendations that add value to client portfolios, as well as to shape portfolio management decisions. In addition, High Yield Credit Analysts regularly interact and collaborate with other investment professionals at the firm including other Credit Analysts, Equity Analysts, ESG Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Macro Strategists. The specific coverage assignment for the successful candidate will be determined as part of the interview process.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
• Investment acumen and passion --- we are seeking a High Yield Credit Analyst who is passionate about markets, research, and investing in fixed income. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a quantitative orientation. Additionally, the ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis, often with incomplete information, and communicated with strong conviction is required; experience analyzing securities across the capital structure, stressed/special situation credits, and/or long/short experience would be additive;
• Superior collaboration and influencing skills --- the successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment, and will embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. He/she will build strong, trusting relationships internally with colleagues, and externally with company management teams. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others. He/she must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented investment recommendations clearly and with conviction, and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important;
• Intellectual curiosity, capacity for differentiated thinking, and a growth mindset --- the flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as a High Yield Credit analyst and investor. He/she will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation, and the evolution of investing. QUALIFICATIONS
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics are likely to include:
• 5-10 years of experience in a related role, including previous credit research experience (ideally across more than one industry) in highly-leveraged credit markets;
• Strong academic credentials: advanced degree/CFA preferred;
• High level of initiative, and experience developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations;
• Comfort dealing with uncertainty, and an ability to take risk and try new things;
• Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
• Independence of thought, an entrepreneurial nature, and a global perspective.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants. SKILLS JOB TITLE
High Yield Credit Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .