* Are you a strong leader with experience in Domestic and Commercial Technical Large Loss handling? * Do you have global corporate specialist lines claims experience? * Are you engaged with the broad insurance market? If yes, please read on. We are recruiting for an
- Are you a strong leader with experience in Domestic and Commercial Technical Large Loss handling?
- Do you have global corporate specialist lines claims experience?
- Are you engaged with the broad insurance market?
If yes, please read on.
We are recruiting for an outstanding opportunity which will play a key part in leading our Technical Claims Teams who deal with large losses for both our personal and commercial customers and lead our Global Corporate Specialist Lines Claims Teams.
In Technical Property Claims, our purpose is to help our customers get back to normal when they have suffered a significant loss. This could be a fire, a break in or an ‘escape of water’ in their home or business and our job is to ensure we are there for them in an easy and specialist way when they need us most.
Purpose of the role:
The role has a strong technical focus which will involve leading specialist large loss handlers and having a wider remit for upskilling and improving technical capability across Aviva’s UK General Insurance (UKGI) claims business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Technical Claims, your role will work across the Property System directly servicing and leading around 3,000 customer claims a year and having accountability for approximately £200m of annual spend.
You will be focused on ensuring our customers personal, commercial or specialist businesses receive the right, easy and effortless experience consistently when they claim with us, being the driving force behind building and delivering opportunities to do this at optimal cost.
In addition, you will:
- Manage a team of Property/Speciality Claims professionals
- Continually strengthen and improve technical capability across the Property/Speciality system to ensure perfection in customer outcomes
- Deliver Customer Purpose across Technical Claims
- Engage with Brokers to embed in-house model as a preferred supplier in both Domestic and Commercial context
- Proactively promote in-house in the external market
- Maximise the technical strength of the Property function by actively challenging performance
- Accountable for the effective deployment of our resource on all Large Property/Global corporate speciality claims
- Effective deployment & utilisation of technical oversight team to provide key lead insights at agreed frequency across property, to ensure cost and capability is regularly reviewed
- Input to strategy and planning for the Technical and the Property Claims functions including target operating model and footprint
- Key member of Major Incident Response Team
- Planning, tactical execution and reporting of Large Losses
- Ensure sufficiently robust financial controls are in place to enable Large/Speciality claims teams to achieve goal
- Ensure the team achieves planned indemnity management spend and other measures
- Operate within but challenge governance and compliance frameworks ensuring the business meets regulatory requirements
- Line management responsibility for c45 staff
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong Leadership – the total size of the team is around 45 people with a direct reporting structure of 8
- Strong technical knowledge (in both Insurance, Legal and Building/Construction with some knowledge of Specialist Lines products)
- Strong data capability - using it to tell a story to show how we’re looking after our customers and controlling cost
- Ability to develop positive relationships internally and externally with partners/suppliers and customers
- Project management/change experience
What will you get for this role?
We care about the well-being of our employees:
- Competitive salary dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions will apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being. Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential).
Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Shanice Morgan in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7626 and firstname.lastname@example.org