A fantastic opportunity to join this highly regarded global investment manager with over US$50 billion under management and become a key member of their Portfolio Administration team. The role would suit candidates with a strong mathematical or financial accounting background, together with a genuine interest in carving a career within investment management. The role offers genuine opportunity to develop and progress within the company, for outstanding individuals:
Role & Responsibilities
- Maintaining accurate investment records for all accounts, preparing regular and ad-hoc client reporting and developing and maintaining effective working relationships with both internal and external clients and third parties.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly cash and security reconciliations ensuring all exceptions are resolved within company guidelines.
- Perform the daily and monthly administration for multi-currency portfolios in accordance with company procedures and industry standards.
- Manage key relationships with external and internal clients and third parties
- Assist with preparing the fund tax filings in each relevant market for the relevant tax authorities.
- Assist the ongoing analysis of tax reclaims that available market by market for each vehicle type and provide any further assistance to the Senior Fund Accountants and the Tax Forum as required.
- Identify and escalate potential problems within the team to the Assistant Manager and propose potential solutions.
- Assist the Senior Fund Accountants preparation of the annual fund budgets to be communicated to the funds custodians
- Escalation of all current vendor issues to the Senior Fund Accountant/Investment Administrator and contribution may be required in vendor servicing calls.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly and ad hoc client reports, ensuring that all reports are completed in accordance with standard procedures and client requirements.
- Complete monthly and quarterly client invoice preparation.
- Perform all client reporting timely and accurately
- Develop strong rapport with all internal and external stakeholders
- Constantly offering ideas for process improvement
Background & Experience
- Minimum of 1 years experience in a relevant accounting role
- Strong academic background; Degree qualified (2:2 or above) 3 A level's (grade B or above); ACA, ACCA, CIMA) part qualified; IMC preferable (or willingness to work towards qualification)
- An adaptable, focused, self-starter
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail; strong planning and organisation skills
- Forward thinking, offers solutions and value to the team
- Positive, enthusiastic, self starter
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Commercially aware and provide solutions
- Gravitas and potential leadership qualities
- Adaptability and good problem-solving skills
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted