Equity Capital Markets Team Lead - IBD - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Engineering is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
IBD engineers brings innovative solutions to traditional advisory and financing activities. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Investment Banking
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS THE TEAM
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team, collaborating closely with Investment Banking to build business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings. Our platforms are used throughout all stages of deal execution including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented team lead to join our Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team. As a team lead you will manage a regional team of engineers and be responsible for the development and delivery of critical projects for the ECM Business. The successful candidate will work as part of a global team to deliver products that drive the ECM business forward. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Managing multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Collaborating with global cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Analyzing existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Updating and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Establishing trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
- Strong understanding of scalable enterprise system design and micro services architecture.
- Experienced in Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development
- Experience having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)7+ years of experience writing software in a professional environment using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- 2+ years team management experience
- Recent hands-on experience with Java, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
- Exposure to Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
- Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
- Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in a global team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skillS
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with Apache Camel, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
- Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity