Data Governance Analyst, Manager
Join our Reporting, Risk, Analytics and Platforms team, part of Group Treasury, to assist in the delivery of our Regulatory Reporting Data Strategy. You will be focused on understanding the data used for Regulatory Reporting, providing insight and analysis for stakeholders, and assisting the team with their needs relating to data quality and compliance.
The London Reporting Risk, Analytics and Platforms team is responsible for a broad range of internal and external reporting requirements for the Macquarie Group within the EMEA region, working closely with the Risk Management Group, other areas of the Financial Management Group, Business Unit finance teams and the Group Treasury team in Australia. In addition, the London Reporting, Risk, Analytics and Platforms team have several major change initiatives to deliver over the next 18-24 months.
We need you to bring experience of data governance regulation and best practice within areas such as data quality, lineage and conceptual models: experience you may have gained through working on BCBS239 or similar data programs. Working with a wider team you will develop and implement processes to ensure ongoing sustainable operation while having input into the evolution of data governance tooling to support the work.
Interest in data management, modern big data platforms, cloud services will help you be successful in this role.
In this role, you will:
- have an understanding the data used by the Reporting, Risk, Analytics and Platforms team, ensuring consistency across outputs and providing insight and analysis on data metrics
- experience implementing a process to monitor Data Quality, including issue management and resolution, and feedback to Business Unit teams
- be assisting with Data Governance design and Data Strategy development
- supporting the operation and evolution of the Enterprise Data Management framework, working with the Enterprise Data Management team and the Reporting, Risk, Analytics and Platforms reporting function to execute the key pillars of the framework
- be acting as a Data subject matter expert on Change Initiatives, identifying the correct data attributes to use by working with stakeholders across the Group, and implementing the relevant controls to manage the data
- work with the Reporting, Risk, Analytics and Platforms reporting function to share knowledge on data
- keep abreast of upcoming regulatory changes and developments and assessing the impact of these on Change Initiatives and data sourcing.
You will also have:
- an understanding of data governance in operation and involvement in relatively large-scale programs
- an in-depth understanding of relevant regulation and the associated data impacts e.g. BCBS239
- experience working on a broad range of data engagements in areas such as Data Lineage, Data Governance, Data Quality, Management Reporting, Master and Meta Data Management
- experience using Data Governance tools such as Collibra would be an advantage
- experience of Reporting and analytics tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI would be an advantage
- experience working with systems processing large volumes of data, and the controls required to manage such systems, will be well regarded
- a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- enthusiasm for data and keenness to understand data definitions and usage, and the end-to-end flows
- strong relationship management skills and an ability to interface with a broad cross-section of individuals
- proven ability to take ownership and accountability for deliverables, balanced by sound professional judgement.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.