Chirag Raichura (FINANCE)
Credit Research Analyst – Automotive - Asset Management - London
Global Asset Manager is currently searching for an experienced research analyst to join their London desk. This role will have a primary coverage focus across the Automotive sector and will have close involvement in the Investment process and entails working closely with the Portfolio Managers.
- Primary coverage of the Automotive sector. The coverage includes Investment Grade (IG) and High Yield (HY) issuers, with global coverage in IG and a focus on European issuers in HY.
- In addition to the core Autos sector the role will include primary coverage of other European Industrial sectors, mainly within IG but likely to include some HY issuers also.
- Fundamental credit analysis. Evaluate sector and issuer creditworthiness and the key trends impacting financial performance and credit ratings in the sector. Identify key risks to company credit profiles early in order to protect the portfolios from credit losses. Assess the relative strengths and weaknesses in issuer bond documentation. Build and maintain financial models for the credits under coverage to forecast cash flow and balance sheet trends and the trajectory of key credit metrics.
- Relative value analysis. Apply relative value skillset to make value-adding investment recommendations that help drive portfolio outperformance.
- Communicate effectively to ensure that all relevant analysis and investment recommendations are shared with portfolio managers, traders, management and risk management, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Add value to the team’s investment process more broadly, engaging constructively in discussions on market trends
- Extensive research experience covering Corporate credit, with a focus on the global Autos sector – Essential
- Proven experience in both Investment Grade and High Yield markets.
- Strong fundamental credit analysis skills (financial modelling, credit metrics, capital structures and covenants) as well as expertise in assessing credit relative value and generating value-adding investment recommendations.
- Proven ability to manage a broad, multi-currency coverage universe and to work constructively with a wide range of counterparts such as portfolio managers, traders, fellow analysts, other investment desks and risk management.
- Ability to take on a leadership role within the team, training/mentoring less experienced colleagues and taking ownership of team projects.
- CFA Qualified - Preferred.
This role will involve daily interaction with Portfolio Manager’s and it is therefore essential you are able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. The position will also provide strong exposure to global counterparts and offers realistic career progression opportunities in the future.