VP / AVP, Chaos Security Engineer, Cloud Engineering Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer who can provide hands-on technical engineering of the growing cloud chaos security program, across multiple providers. You will work closely with our Cloud Engineering team as well our Cloud Operations team to help build secure and robust controls.
The Cloud Chaos Security Engineer provides cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security controls to our public cloud environment. Additionally, the Cloud Chaos Security Engineer assists in the development of cyber security requirements, conducts security risk assessments, evaluates security services and technologies. Responsibilities
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) on Cloud Chaos Security
- Develops security experiments and procedures as well as best practices documentation.
- Participate in efforts that tailor the company's security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Propose and/or design technical solutions, which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept while maintaining a security mindset
- Work closely with cloud platform engineers to deliver creative solutions to complex technology challenges and business requirements.
- Automate security controls, data and processes to provide better metrics and operational support
- Utilize cloud-based APIs when appropriate to write network/system level tools for securing cloud environments
- Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls.
- Identify and Implement new security technologies and best practices into Cloud offerings
- Exposure to Chaos Engineering principles for delivery of highly available & reliable software on cloud platforms
- Identify detect and remediate failures in security controls by executing continuous instrumentation and validation of security capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in related business or technical areas, or an equivalency of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of IT Security and/or security engineering experience
- 5-7 years related experience in Computer Security, with proven focus on Cloud Security. Clear passion for Cloud Security and Cloud technologies.
- Must have experience with virtualization (cloud or non-cloud)
- Expert knowledge of Cloud infrastructure, security architectures, and standards
- Deep technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of current threats to Cloud infrastructure and/or IT infrastructures at technical and managerial levels
- Able to automate/script daily tasks through Python, Bash or equivalent
- Experience with web-based applications or web-services
- Proficient in Linux system design, automation and operations
- Experience in designing and implementing standards, specifications and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Very detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Security certification desired (e.g., CISSP, CCSP, GIAC, CEH, etc)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.