Senior VP, Office Head, CRES, Group Finance & Corporate Services
Posting Date: 18-Nov-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services
function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals. Corporate Real Estate Services
We manage and administer matters relating to real estate on behalf of the Group. These include lease management, facilities management, as well as security and general service matters. Job Responsibilities
CRES is looking for CRES-Office Head to oversee finance operations and general services.
- Oversee the finance function covering the following scope :
- Ensure that internal controls are in order for finance related processes, manage the budgeting process, monitor and report financials including revenue & cost performance and funding of CRES entities/ subsidiaries and other financial operations
- Identify and improve areas pertaining to compliance, control, governance and reporting under the financial operations function. Standardisation and/or alignment of accounting transactions to be achieved across key CRES functions across the Group where possible.
- Supports CRES financial-related ad hocs
- Oversee the General Service function covering the following scope :
- Ensure effective oversight over operations management, service delivery management and stakeholder management of corporate purchases, with the aim to ensure that goods and services provided are relevant and delivered at optimal cost.
- Identify and improve areas to ensure accurate and timely processing within the operations, with strong focus on compliance, control & governance under the function.
- Drive strategic management alignment process/products with the regional subsidiaries.
- Oversee the implementation of CRES data management initiatives, concurrently partnering internal departments to identify issue statements and leverage on data analytics to provide insights for better decision making.
- Supports CRES's Transformation initiatives. Facilitates key deliverables, track progress of initiatives against agreed timelines and ensure that initiatives under CRES Office are completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Supports Head, Group CRES in the people element including Head Count management, People Strategy and centralised Operations and Administration (O&A) team. This include handling agreed CRES wide operational and administrative functions to achieve efficiency and accountability, including risk related reporting activities.
Be a part of UOB Family
- A degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business Administration
- Minimum 15 years in finance operations or relevant experiences in finance operations, budgeting, process improvement and productivity related initiatives
- Possession strong communication skill with ability to make presentation to C- suite and influence senior stakeholders
- Good people manager with proven track record of managing diverse teams
Apply now and make a difference.