In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
The Middle Office Client Account Manager works closely with internal functional teams as well as external vendors to ensure client operational services are performed according to our client agreements as well as ensuring our outsourcing requirements at actively monitored and meet the local regulatory standards.
The primary responsibility is to ensure that the client experience is elevated through the efforts of the individual, the team and also through the effective oversight of processing hubs. Responsibilities Direct Responsibilities Core functions:
- Acting as an escalation point of contact for clients / fund managers who use our Middle office services. Attend regular Client Service Review meetings. Logging and monitoring of Client operational queries in terms of status, prioritizing for resolution and communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholders, ensuring expectations are managed well at all times. Review root causes of operational queries, propose and drive implementation of strategic solution.
- Provide support on queries related to middle office service, operating models and market specific knowledge.
- Support any new fund implementation and transitions process related to Middle Office clients. Review any change requests that impacts middle office functions, services and processes. Provide input on the proposed solution, UAT test cases and testing support. Serve as a liaison between Change Request team and the various middle office teams.
- Perform the oversight duties specific of middle office functions. Manage regular service review calls with respective processing hubs to drive service excellence and efficiency.
- Collaborating with Global and local teams to develop and implement continuous improvement plans.
Key Result Areas:
- Define, update and ensure consistency and quality of BPSS Investment Operations Services procedure.
- Facilitate the completion of procedures and grant follow up of procedures which need to be revised, amended or validated.
- Demonstrate risk management excellence and ensure appropriate procedures are adhered and kept updated.
- Ensure Operating Memorandums, Operating Service Levels and Service Level Agreements for both internal and external purposes are thoroughly reviewed on a regular basis.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Represent Operations on local/global initiatives and projects.
- Deliver excellent levels of service to stakeholders internally and externally and to "get it right first time"
- Responsible for ensuring the best client experience
- From time to time, may be appointed to spearhead particular project for internal purpose or for a particular client.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work in pressurized environment
- Highly structured and methodical in execution
- Clear articulate and concise verbal and written communications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time management skills
- Results driven with a strong commitment to completing tasks within deadlines
- Ability to understand and resolve or escalate issues quickly
- Comfortable dealing with senior individuals and management across functions
- Strong knowledge of financial industry with good experience across asset classes
- Proven track record in client facing roles
- Take ownership where multiple teams are involved and act as a coordinator across functional teams to ensure smooth and efficient issue resolution.
- At least 3 years' relevant experience