The role of Enterprise Architect role will generally focus on Infra & Apps related presales solution architecture and technical sales support, with an appreciation of Engineering and Subject Matter Expert skills and capabilities needed. This job description covers all requirements, expanding on the experience and skillsets required for each.
Type of Project
The APAC COE works on a wide range of accounts & projects, across a wide range of clients in all sectors. COE will focus & work very closely across all the Business Units to fulfilling the Cloud and Infrastructure requirements as they arise.
As an Enterprise Architect you will get exposure to the following types of roles responsibilities
- PreSales Architecture – responsible for the specification, design, cost and proposal of cloud solutions to meet formal client requirements. Significant client facing work is required.
- Bid technical leadership – responsible for the technical leadership coordination and solution proposition on large outsourcing hosting deals. Experience and evidence of architecting and leading delivery of complex cloud projects must be a core capability.
- Responsible for Billing(50%) & generate revenue via order booking, focus on CM% (Contribution Margin)
- Technical ownership of COE driven programs/projects & provide/mediate technical consultation
These are some of the standard responsibilities that we would expect you to be able to have experience delivering.
- Responsibility for supporting the development and closing of Cloud/Infra/Apps service opportunities for the COE
- Define and implement a structured way of handling each services opportunity – client meeting/solution pitch/RFP response/RFI response/presentation/etc.
- Take the lead/participate in opportunity assessment, qualification, developing response strategy, proposal development, review and feedback process, competitive positioning, pricing/commercial decisions.
- Lead client visits – from the stage of planning, identifying key participants, story board for the meeting, reviewing content, planning demos/team discussions and front ending the discussion.
- Assist the sales team in prospecting with relevant technical pitch and market/company specific data.
- Generate collaterals, case studies, white papers, and assist sales in service evangelism.
- Take on complex project delivery roles, as required, to ensure service quality and to support individual and team billable utilization targets.
- Support the development of project and consultancy portfolio items and offers for the practice.
- Provide training and guidance on the cloud including public cloud as well as related platform engineering to sales and account teams.
- Be recognized as one of the go-to cloud and platform engineering experts in the UK business.
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrable experience of selling and/or delivering Cloud/Infra/Apps related transformations
- Detailed knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- Migrating to or operating in the cloud with certification in at least one major cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, or Google)
- Architecture Framework (TOGAF/IAF) is desirable
- Solutioning technologies like Paas,IaaS, DevOps, DevSecOps, CI-CD
- AWS and/or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Kubernetes and Containers
- Automation and orchestration tooling such as Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Proven track record of selling infrastructure services projects and consultancy bids during the pre-sales perspective.
- Demonstrated performance in complex solutioning and innovative deal construct.
- Consultative, value-proposition/business case driven pre-sales methodology experience.
- Strong techno-commercial/business orientation and cost sensitive.
- Self-driven and motivated, comfortable with change/ambiguity
- Financial management experience: estimating, budgeting, pricing, risk assessment.
- Execute on assigned RFP/RFI/proposals/proposal sections and deliver a high-quality response in terms of content, formatting and value-adds.
- Hands on experience in writing proposals and delivering customer presentations.
- Hard-working, detailed, quality and deliverable-oriented.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent presentation and proposal/RFP skills.
- Completely flexible and mobile to travel globally, as required.
- Provide technical leadership across the programme of work or project both from Infra and application level
- Own the overall technical elements on a solution/programme
- Development of architectural solutions within the programme
- Worked on bids and costing of architecture solutions
- Point of contact to senior stakeholders (internal and external) related to technical Architecture
- Manage any dependencies, risks and requirements between stakeholders
- Excellent awareness of current IT trends (Cloud/Agile/DevOps) and products that can influence client’s decisions
- In depth strategic view on outcomes, methodologies and process
- Provide and manage an effective Architecture governance model
- Experience working on and have delivered complex Cloud, EUC or Datacentre transformations for large clients