About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
Role holder will be an individual contributor.
- Focus on establishment and review of Client Analytics brand and offering as integral part of Financial Markets within Sales.
- Continue to build corporate client business across asset classes with focus on clients in the East, ensuring replication for clients globally as long term target.
- Be the point of contact for detailed balance sheet, ALM and client portfolio analysis that helps originate strategic business with corporate clients and over time develop sufficient knowledge about Sustainability and help grow our new offering in that area too.
- Originate new FM business opportunities and maximise cross-sell revenue across FXRC and Commodities
- Demonstrate excellent soft skills including deal communications and strong team play
- Work together with Sales and banking teams and in close cooperation with Traders, Research and Structuring to provide and deliver innovative and cutting edge cross-product analytics with a focus to grow the Cross Asset Macro business in Europe and Americas
- Drive service excellence via robust product origination, bespoke solutions, holistic hedging strategies, debt portfolio and cash optimisation
- Ensure that the Financial Markets product suite is delivered in the East across all key regions with focus on ASEAN, GCNA and NEA for Corporates clients and with demonstrable client focus in other regions in support of our objective to grow that business
- Develop and drive new business avenues, financing, and investments variants across asset classes in partnership with stakeholders to enhance efficiency and expansion of the business
- Analyse and quantify currency, interest rate and commodity exposures arising from client's balance sheet, cashflows and investments and provide tailored hedging solutions
- Risk management through VAR and portfolio optimisation based on risk tolerance and cost criteria
- Develop analytical tools for backtesting performance of different products
- Multicurrency debt portfolio optimisation
- Presenting analysis and recommendations
People and Talent
- Client Analytics is not responsible under the ORF (Operational Risk Framework) as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising any of the FM processes
- Ensure great team work across different hubs and efficient execution and delivery of new products and replicable analysis
- Circulate information and share replicable themes plus participation in regular team meetings and calls
- Continuous collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of the best solutions to clients in a timely manner
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Identify and assess the various risks inherent to specific client transactions (market risks, credit risk, legal & compliance, operational risk).
- Understand and address clients' specific objectives and constraints: make use of the acquired knowledge to answer clients' queries and offer solutions in accordance with the clients' objectives and constraints.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- As part of the team aim to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work in close cooperation with FM Sales, Trading and Banking teams and also with frequent involvement of Legal, Compliance and Credit when working on the most suitable solution for the client
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 6 plus years of experience in Client Analytics within Financial Markets and Sales.
- Degree in Financial Engineering
- Experience in in Client analytics, corporate solutions or structuring
- Experience of programming in VBA and /or Python, C++ would be beneficial
- A combination of technical (derivatives pricing, Quant Finance, programming, CFA, FRM) and business/finance qualifications is advantageous.
- Basic understanding of FX, Rates and Commodity markets
- Thorough understanding and expertise in data analysis using Excel as well as statistical analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- Knowledge of Product Line
- Sales Proposals and Presentations
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Financial Engineering
- Portfolio Management
- Investment Bank Quantitative Analysis
- Foreign Exchange (FX)
- Interest Rates
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers