About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Support the overall LAF strategy providing value-added input to LAF Seniors
- Analyse opportunities to ensure that transactions are in alignment with the strategy
- Financial modelling
- Preparation and presentation of BCA, information memoranda, under the supervision of senior transactors
- Carry out due diligence under the supervision of senior transactors
- Assist LAF Seniors in structuring transactions
- Prepare LAF financing proposals, market updates or other marketing materials for circulation and discussion with clients.
- Liaise with clients, external parties and internal parties to complete necessary tasks in deal execution
- Work closely with business partners such as Client Coverage and other product teams to maximise business opportunities for the Bank
- Be fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to Compliance Risk monitoring and Money Laundering Prevention. Ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an on-going basis.
People and Talent
- Prepare update, reports, filings and other materials required by inhouse compliance, business control and other internal parties.
- Understand and adhere to the standard procedures and policies required for their role.
- Actively support origination in the region working in conjunction with client coverage teams to generate ideas and pitch to clients.
- Build effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values
- Ensure compliance with country-level Portfolio Standards, Underwriting Standards, PPGs
- Identify any key risks and escalate to line manager or other stakeholders, where appropriate
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Take individual responsibility to ensure risk-taking is disciplined.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Clients of the Bank
- Client Coverage teams
- Managing Directors / Executive Directors LAF
- Regional Head LAF and Global Head LAF
- Other product teams within GCM
- Key infrastructure functions: Credit, Legal and Compliance
- 5+ years of experience in Leveraged & Acquisition Finance
- Prepare LAF financing proposals, market updates or other marketing materials for circulation and discussion with clients
- Market presence both with clients & competitors
- Ensure prompt updating of the deal pipeline to ensure senior management has good visibility on the business performance
Judgement / Complexity
- Strong market / product knowledge
- Self-starter & ability to think laterally
- Strong inter-personal skills
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Analytical ability
- Lateral thinking
- Negotiating skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- Spot Opportunities and prospecting
- Solve Problems
- Take the Lead
- Achieve Results
- Risk Management and internal controls including Conduct
- People Management
- Business - product and market knowledge
- Business - financial modelling
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers