Head of Transfer Agency Italy, VP (Italian Speaker)
Who we are looking for
In this role, you will lead Transfer Agency Italy in Poland in line with the departmental strategy and team resources in the Poland location. You will be expected to have an understanding of service requirements, processes and procedures for fund administration. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Head of Transfer Agency Italy you will
What we value
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assign team(s) in Poland.
- Drive the transformation for the assigned department.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide timely updates on issues to Krakow site governance and carry out necessary corrective action.
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards.
- Work to broaden scope of services in Poland to support overall European strategy.
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Evaluate current methods and strategies. Communicate and manage implementation of changes and improvements.
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as staff.
- Resolve employee complaints and escalations.
- Evaluate subordinate managerial performance.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure that regular team and 1:1 meetings are conducted across your organization.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Confident in dealing with all situations.
- Organizational and Report Writing skills.
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters.
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Display organizational insight & influence.
- Foster collaboration & team work.
- Talent development.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- 8+ years of managerial experience (operations and financial services). Experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients a must.
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications, is required.
- Fluent English and Italian.
Occasional travel might be required, e.g. to Krakow or Gdansk office, depending on the primary location. We offer
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers