Software Engineer (Java, Java EE, SQL, Linux)
- Produce Functional and Technical Specifications
- Participate and support the application development activities
- Provide technical expertise in preparation of the automated test scenarios
- Deliver/support an automated continuous integration/delivery framework
- Ensure daily progress reporting
- Interact with the functional, architecture and testing teams
- Provide 1st level support during production rollout and post implementation phases
Required skills / qualifications
- Strong technical expertise in Java, Java EE, SQL (Oracle / PostgreSQL) and Linux
- Working experience in DevOps, Test Driven Development and Cloud (Azure & AWS)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, JBoss EAP, JBoss Fuse, Oracle WebLogic, Active MQ
- Hands on GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, SonarQube, IntelliJ, HP Fortify, Ansible, Jasper Soft
- Fast learner, solution oriented
- Capacity to quickly understand and enhance existing applications
- Ability to work in a team distributed across multiple locations
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Optional skills / qualifications
- Knowledge of Go-Lang, Python and Oracle Report will be an asset
- Business knowledge about Reference Data management is considered an advantage
- Asset if interested in or familiar with modern deployment tools like CHEF Habitat and Terraform, as well as Azure and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Asset if experience with test-driven development, test design and execution within one of the test management tools (ALM, Zephyr, TestRail etc), knowledge about different test types (smoke, sanity, regression etc) and test phases (integration, user acceptance etc)
- French and German language skills will be an asset
The candidate should ideally have experience working in financial sector. This is a contract position and the candidate must be a self-starter working closely with a small development team reporting to the team leader.
Please only apply if you have the eligibility to work in Luxembourg.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!