Accounts Payable Specialist (M/F) - 10 month contract
Accounts Payable Specialist (M/F) 10 month contract Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to strengthen our Account Payable team and cope with an increased workload as we continue to expand our activities and to be able to carry out the FRCS project including the change of accounting and payment systems as well as all our procedures.
Experience in a similar position for at least 1 year will be more than recommended. Exposure in the Asset Management and Property Fund businesses will be a plus. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The team
Our Luxembourg Account Payable Team is currently composed of 6 people. We are sitting in an open space among 45 Finance People. We are working closely with 11 Financial Controllers and with 2 people responsible for Cash Management. The Schroder Luxembourg Finance Department provides a range of accounting, tax, and reporting services to Schroders Group businesses in Europe. What you'll do Financial Operations:
Procedures & Controls
- Support the preparation of corporate accounts for a number of group companies through:
- Invoice processing;
- Supplier set-up and update across multiple entities;
- Payment of suppliers and staff expenses;
- Reconciliation of supplier's and bank accounts;
- Answering suppliers / accountant's queries;
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Make sure detailed procedures are up-to-date;
- Maintain detailed controls and B/S proofs & reconciliations;
- Maintain accurate set of KPI for the area;
- Escalate any issues to team leader;
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Good communication skill (written and oral) in English & German is a minimum requirement;
- Technical knowledge of expense claim and invoice processing requirement;
- Good knowledge of VAT rules and principles (local and international);
- Good knowledge of Bank Details and information requirements for local / international payments (BIC code, local code, IBAN, account number structure requirements per country);
- Good command in the relevant elements of an accounting system (Oracle / SAP would be an advantage);
- Good command in the relevant elements of an invoice / PO managing system (Basware would be an advantage);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Excel in particular);
- Payment Systems usages with batch load principle (Swift Alliance, TM5, Citi-Direct would be an advantage);
- Strong analytical skills;
What you'll be like
- Other European language such as French, Dutch, Spanish or Italian skills would be an advantage;
- Put the most important things at the top, but group similar things together (like knowledge, experience and qualifications).
- Avoid unnecessary Schroders or industry jargon - it can exclude great candidates.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- You are driven, accountable and act as a great team player
- You demonstrate a high level of Integrity
- Clients come first. Always.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.