Senior Analyst, International Cash Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. The Role/Department
The Cash Analysis division manages a number of core cash management functions, including: funding/bank sweeps, payment flow control, intraday projections and actual funding, credit exception analysis along with forecasting and management of client investments into off balance sheet funds.
Reporting to the Team Leader of the Cash Analysis team in Limerick, the successful candidate will be part of a team which has specific responsibility for USD cash management related activities in EMEA and APAC. The team works closely with partner teams in the UK, US and Asia to ensure that all functions are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The key responsibilities of the role:
SKILLS /EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Manage a number of daily operational activities including cash management, credit line monitoring, reconciliations and query resolution
- Ensure funding processes across various markets are carried out in line with firm procedures and market cut-offs
- Make sound commercial decisions with regard to execution of funding movements, and escalate issues
- Carry out activities with significant financial, client and/or internal business impact
- Analyse prior day cash position, and identify drivers for long/short balances and escalation of large balances to Senior Management
- Produce daily and monthly reports
- Play an active role in identifying process gaps and implementing process changes within the department
- Interact with sub-custodians to ensure payments are made in accordance to market standards
- Manage cash exceptions timely and in accordance with CASS regulations
- Frame and review procedures as and when required
• Previous Financial Services experience is an advantage.
• Strong analytical skills is desirable
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills is an advantage
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines,
• Ability to work within a team and using own initiative.
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Ability to use initiative to navigate through complex issues as they arise
• Aptitude to improve existing processes and apply a methodical yet flexible approach to change
• Ability to lead by example. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.