The role will support multiple projects and programs by defining and championing information security solutions. The role will work closely with systems and project engineers, developers, internal/external business stakeholders and project managers within various departments to assess risk and deliver pragmatic, flexible and sustainable security that includes people, process and technology
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Position requires high level of expertise towards development, specification and communication of the security architecture, roadmap and policy enhancements.
- Interfaces with IT and business management to understand and provide IT solutions consistent with business needs.
- Leads relevant projects and initiatives as needed ensuring solution complies with client requirements, regulations and industry best practices.
- Recommends new technologies which will enhance and support overall corporate and business goals.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions to improve operational effectiveness and reduce costs.
- Drives business processes and information flows for better alignment.
- Provides in-depth technical consultation management to ensure development of efficient systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within security area of expertise.
- Supervise 2 Security Analysts/Engineers
- 5+ years of IT Security experience
- In-depth knowledge of security-related protocols (ex: SAML, OATH) and common network security technologies.
- In-depth experience of at least 3 open-source or commercial products (ex: firewall, network DLP, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Load Balancers, Web Application Firewalls, DDoS).
- Experience with different kinds of encryption and understanding how they work, and which types of encryption are useful against various threat and compliance scenarios.
- Solid understanding of containerization, virtualization and cloud technologies and related best practices
- Knowledge of common server and endpoint security technologies and built-in capabilities (ex: AV, EDR, endpoint DLP, permissions, app white-listing)
- Knowledge of fundamentals of identity and access management (SSO, MFA, AAA, RBAC, etc.)
- Good understanding of network protocols, design and operations
• Working knowledge of Security principles, techniques and technologies
Desirable but not necessary:
- Scripting capability. (Perl, Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Application development background and security knowledge
- Big data technologies
- PCI DSS experience
- GDPR awareness