Planet are looking for a Senior I.T. Quality Assurance Tester to join our team, based at our office in Galway, Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team of Quality Assurance professionals testing Planet I.T systems with a focus on building and executing QA automation practices.
Senior I.T. Quality Assurance Tester
Planet are looking for a Senior I.T. Quality Assurance Tester to join our team, based at our office in Galway, Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team of Quality Assurance professionals testing Planet I.T systems with a focus on building and executing QA automation practices.
The Payments I.T. organization requires an I.T. Senior Quality Assurance Tester to support the growing delivery of IT development projects across the Payments business. The Payments I.T. organization deliver technology solutions for the Dynamic Currency Conversion and Card Acquiring Processing business services. The role will work within the IT delivery team as part of a team of Quality Assurance professionals, performing both manual and automated testing on Planet I.T. systems.
The strategic approach within QA is to drive automation practices, so automation experience and principles will be an important focus area for this role. You will work within an Agile SCRUM environment, working closely with scrum masters, whilst liaising with product developers and users. This is a great opportunity to join a professional IT development team and advance career development in an Agile Scrum environment, developing, learning and helping to shape an emerging product development culture.
- 3rd level qualification in a computer related discipline or equivalent
- QA certification or equivalent accreditation (e.g. ISTQB)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an IT QA tester role
- Minimum 2 years in an automated QA environment; automated principles and tooling experience
Key Duties and Responsibility Areas
- Work with QA team, Scrum master and delivery management to effectively test payment products
- Apply QA best practice to ensure high quality products are released to users & business
- Apply automation test practices to build and execute automated system testing
- Apply and assess acceptance criteria to establish QA exit status
- Proficient in QA test tools such as Testrail to produce comprehensive QA exit reports
- Work with the QA and Development teams to implement effective manual and test automation processes.
- Ensure adherence to testing governance and quality deliverables for your products
- Identify testing risks and priority defects to assist development team resolve such areas
- Track testing progress and provide analysis and metrics on testing status
- Log and track detailed defects using the software defect tracking system (Jira)
- Provide timely and effective communication relating to quality issues
- Working as part of a cross-functional delivery team to deliver high quality technology deliverables
- Responsibility for up-to-date QA documentation for each product you are QA owner
- Accurately measure test effectiveness against KPIs, and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure full internal and external audit compliance from Test e.g. traceability of functional requirements through to test cases and defects
- Create sprint test exit reporting to ensure full visibility for all stakeholders
- Define and implement test strategies to improve quality
- Core: Jira, Automation testing principles (APIs), TestRail, Postman, Confluence
- Highly Desirable: Jenkins and automation tool experience (Planet are migrating to Tosca as a core tool)
- Desirable: Azure services