We are looking for a dynamic and highly talented individual with innovative mind-set to work as a Scrum Master at Planet. In your role you will apply your Scrum master experience and best practice in delivering new & innovative web & mobile applications of highest quality through the Outsystems low-code platform.
We are Planet
We have vast international payments experience at our company. We span all corners of the globe in pursuit of delivering the best-rated partner for service innovation and technology leadership.
About The role
We are looking for a dynamic and highly talented individual with innovative mind-set to work as a Scrum Master at Planet.
In your role you will apply your Scrum master experience and best practise in delivering new & innovative web & mobile applications of highest quality through the Outsystems low-code platform.
The role primarily entails hands on team management and coordination in an agile environment. You will be expected to apply your can-do mentality, work in an efficient way and take pride in delivering high quality software on time to end-users.
You will work closely with developers, Tech Lead, UI and UX experts, system architect & product owner and personify Scrum and Agile in the team.
What You Will do
- Support the development team and the product owner in the quest to do everything possible to delight customers.
- Support the Product Owner, especially with respect to managing the product backlog.
- Scheduling, coordinating and leading sprint planning & sprint reviews.
- Scheduling and participation of test, QA and production releases.
- Ensure timely code reviews and constructive feedback sessions are held within the team.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Coach and guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and overview for all stakeholders.
- Take ownership and accountability for a specific project.
Who you are
- A technology pioneer and champion who is inquisitive
- A professional with a First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM )
- Experienced in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a Scrum Team
- With good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement
What you will need
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- The ability to distinguish between what “is Scrum” what is “not Scrum”
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Strong quality orientation and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills.
- To be eager to learn, pro-active and self-directed.
- Proficiency with English language, written and spoken.
- Experience working with low-code platforms , experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Slack is a plus.
- Knowledge of Tax Free industry or financial transactions background is valuable.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world’s leading Tax Free Shopping (‘TFS’), Dynamic Currency Conversion (‘DCC’), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.