• • Operate as a single-point resource regarding processing/tracking of internal legal documents, principally related to operational matters.
• Draft, prepare, review and edit routine legal documents (including NDAs, Work Orders, SOWs, commercial contracts) with low to medium level complexity, and reports under attorney supervision;
• Performing open source due diligence on company's software products/services from time to time under Attorney supervision;
• Prepare and communicate information internally and externally regarding contract status, modifications, deviations and completion or termination of legal agreements.
• Manage a contracts database on internal company website under the supervision of Moody's Counsel and monitor issues that require action.
• Develop and maintain a database for all Moody's master agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
• Communicate and advise business units on legal document and legal process inquiriesCoordinate correspondence with clients and potential customers as directed
• Assist Moody's Counsel with projects as they arise
• Prepare reports based on generic online and database search based on public source of information w.r.t. any entities, persons, etc.
Required Qualifications :
- LLB degree and 2-3 years of prior experience in a law firm, inhouse or LPO.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, including corporate laws, contract law, intellectual property laws.
- Good legal research skills and ability to articulate result of such research in concise forms
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to perform a multitude of tasks relating to company contracts.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct extensive searches using public sources of information/internet and articulate the results in the form of a formal search report;
- Open to work in different time zones (US shift), if required by the company;
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.