LDI Client Portfolio Manager
Description About this role The LDI team
The Liability Driven Investment (LDI) business is a distinct part of Global Fixed Income which leverages the breadth and depth of the entire fixed income platform when delivering investment solutions for our clients. BlackRock has been managing LDI mandates for over 20 years in the EMEA region. Since taking-on our first mandates in 1995, the business has grown to 272 LDI clients with £248bn1 AUM. We are passionate about designing and implementing fixed income solutions to help pension fund clients globally to meet their long-term investment objectives. The LDI EMEA are an investment team of 40 people in London, Gurgaon and Budapest split across Client Portfolio Management and Core Portfolio Management sub-teams. We are part of the global LDI team which also has presence in New York, Atlanta and San Francisco. Our day to day activities range from modelling investment solutions, responding to investment related queries, conducting analysis and working with multiple BlackRock teams to implement portfolio changes. LDI Client PM EMEA Team
EMEA LDI Client PM Team is responsible for the design, development and support of LDI solutions for our clients. The team is the primary contact point for clients and consultants on all matters related to the LDI mandate. The team maintains regular engagement with existing and prospective clients to identify the investment challenges they face, to understand their goals and objectives and to design solutions using BlackRock and LDI analytical toolset and market views. Client PMs contribute to preparing legal documentation to facilitate the agreed investment strategy and provide ongoing technical support to the client with respect to their mandate.
Our Client PMs in Budapest are an integral part of the wider EMEA Client PM team and are closely involved in key aspects of this investment process - from helping produce investment analysis and putting together client presentations, to contributing to the implementation of the agreed investment solution. They work in close daily co-operation with London based Client PMs, as well as connect frequently with LDI Portfolio Management team in order to provide an outstanding client experience to LDI clients as it relates to running our clients' LDI mandates. ROLE PROFILE Key Responsibilities:
We are looking for people who are:
- Perform modelling and analysis to help formulate client investment proposition
- Assist with drafting client presentations and RFPs for new business opportunities
- Liaise with colleagues within the LDI team and across other BlackRock teams to set up and coordinate client investment activity
- Review client reporting to ensure the investment activity is represented correctly
- Help enhance existing processes with new ideas/automation and developing best practices across the LDI team
- Assist with addressing ad-hoc client requests
You should have:
- Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
- Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from others
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- BA/BS required with degrees in quantitative, finance or economics discipline preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; additional European languages are a plus, especially Dutch
- Strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency around deadlines and an ability to multitask
- Focus on delivering excellent client outcome and a strong sense of accountability for own and team deliverables
- Desire to learn about the Investment Management industry
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- High proficiency in Excel, with ability to combine outputs from different system sources and manipulate data
- Ability to use VBA, Python would be an advantage
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, with ability to create appealing slides for clients/investors
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.