We are currently seeking a Senior Wealth Consultant. The role will be based in Hong Kong and will report to senior Wealth leaders in Hong Kong. There will be a need to be able to travel to neighboring Asia markets.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for executing consulting projects in respect of Hong Kong clients in accordance with Mercer quality standards, peer review requirements and SFC requirements.
- Client projects will be focused on investment related matters: include investment governance reviews and framework designing, portfolio construction for short-term and long-term investment strategies, manager selection across traditional and alternative asset classes and ongoing performance/risk monitoring reporting.
- Be responsible to provide market-related views to support business initiatives for growth, this will include awareness of market developments such as impact of digital technology, acquisition opportunities and regulatory changes that can alter the fundamental landscape of our core business. Collaborate with team to implement ideas and support their queries.
- Required to monitor and manage junior project team and delegate efficiently. Key performance indicators would include demonstrating the delivery of projects efficiently and growing team’s competencies and capabilities in parallel.
- Propose and lead business initiatives, whether under revenue generation, growth, transformation, operational efficiency and cost management objectives.
- Provide senior management reporting across all the activities you are responsible for.
To be successful in this role, there are some basic expectations but we wish to emphasize that Mercer takes an approach of trusting individuals to shape the role based on maximum contribution to the overall team and pushing boundaries for personal development.
- Track record of consistently strong communication with clients and internal stakeholders, demonstrate evidence of strong analytical and technical skills in relation to first principles calculation of key investment risk metrics, familiarity with systems such as Bloomberg terminals. Ability to articulate complex and technical information to laypeople and also experienced financial professionals, and guide stakeholders towards a consensus and/or decision.
- Able to motivate and influence the quality of teamwork, and align to Mercer vision and culture for diversity and inclusion. Key performance indicators include feedback from project team members and overall team engagement scores.
- Have a passion for learning and developing self, and others. Able to identify market opportunities and propose innovation in products or process.
- Completed or very close to completing professional qualifications in actuarial, investment or other major financial qualifications
- Good academic track record in numerical subjects such as Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/Management/Behavioral), Actuarial Sciences, Engineering and so on. Although track record in terms of experience and quality of references will be equally important.
- Work experience: 7- 12 years of industry experience, welcoming candidates from banking, asset management, investment advisory (e.g. IFA, family offices), insurance, financial services, in-house investment teams and consulting.
- Language requirements: Strong English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin).
- Lead client consulting work and lead business initiatives.
- Complete projects efficiently to high standard and high client satisfaction while demonstrating professional judgment in seeking assistance, discussing ideas and resolving issues.
- Work with the team towards achieving assigned sales target, which roles into the overall business’ sales target
- Delegate to analysts and junior consultants to produce technical material for client projects and to support development of project proposals, business plan for a new service or product or a large account management strategy
- Understand and apply appropriate Mercer methods and tools (or recognized equivalent) in completing assignments. In particular, to ensure compliance of team members to regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to junior team members and review their work. There is also opportunity for people management responsibility depending on the candidate’s interest and passion to nurture junior members.
- Build relationships with colleagues outside primary area of expertise to gain perspective across Wealth, Health and Career services.
- Uphold ethics and quality standards as a licensed intermediary of the HK SFC.