BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE:
• The functional scope covers Global Market, with a focus on the Prime Service & Financing.
• The role is to contribute to the IT Project management function, encompassing project initiation, cost/benefit analysis, collection of business requirements, gap & impact analysis, functional specification, planning and project status reporting, definition of test strategy and arrangement of the User Acceptance Test.
• The role is essentially project oriented but occasionally includes 2nd or 3rd level of functional support in escalation mode. Projects are initiated either locally or as part of global (or regional) initiatives performed in liaison with head office (or overseas) teams.
• The role is based in Hong Kong, possibly with the necessity to travel from time to time abroad as required.
• As a Business Analyst, collects, details/analyses business requirements, produces functional specifications, follow-up and test their implementation by IT development teams.
• As a Project Manager, manages the project initiation, defines and consolidates the project plan, coordinates and follow up the actions of the various contributors, ensures that the project produces the required deliverables, according to the requested quality and within the time frame and budget.
• The implementation of new products or new processes within the Front/Middle/Back Office IT platform.
• The enhancements of existing Front/Middle/Back Office systems.
• Project management of E&F Program and weekly reporting of progress to Global Market management
CUSTOMER/SUPPLIER RELATIONS :
Front Officers, Middle Officers, Back Officers
Global Market Development Team
Paris and US Drive, PM & BA
Application Production Support
KEY RESULTS AREAS :
• Work closely with the Sponsors (Front/Middle/Back Office) and users to inventory, clarify and consolidate their requirements.
• Work effectively thru good interpersonal and communications skills with representatives of a diverse range of departments located in various locations (FO, MO, BO, FC, IT).
• Consolidate the cost/benefit analysis and get sign-off.
• Write functional specifications on each project.
• Identifies sub-projects impacted and ensures dependencies are clearly identified.
• Obtain the sponsor's sign off before any development starts.
• Ensure the project is properly defined, planned, resourced and sponsored.
• Monitor progress and report on implementation of the project.
• Manage risk and communicate appropriately.
• Identify and report issues of a business nature to the sponsor/stakeholders for decision.
• Maintain a very good/detailed understanding of Front to Back Trade workflow, FO, MO, BO and FC systems and interfaces as appropriate, Front to Back operational processes
• Work closely with other IT groups (IT developers, ITP):
To assess feasibility, define testing,
To ensure that business requirements are understood,
To ensure that the development work planning is in line with the Sponsor's expectations.
To report any major risk or business decision to the Sponsor
To follow up the development work and report to the line manager and Sponsors any delay that may jeopardize the implementation date
• Organize and execute UAT. This includes:
To document the overall test strategy and get sign-off from the Sponsor
To prepare the test plan, test scenarios and obtain Sponsor's sign off
To perform the test of new functionality.
To document test results and obtain sponsor's sign off.
• Consolidates the Go Live plan.
• Perform users training and support for a limited post-go live period.
• Represent BNP Paribas in multi-bank technology ventures where applicable.
• When appropriate, manage and/or coach more junior staffs.
• Use and promote Global Market Project Management Methodology.
• Maintain record of system changes, IT incidents, and information to be shared within the team.
• Understand and observe BNPP compliance rules, including IT employee code of conduct.
• Ensure IT Security recommendations are timely implemented.
• Pro-actively report potential security risks or breaches.
• Report any issues to the line manager in a timely manner.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
• Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls.
• Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
• Actively contribute at improving our project management methodology (PRN, cost/benefit analysis, forums of prioritization with sponsors, cost estimates, identification of dependencies, definition of milestones & deliveries, mgt of risks & issues, steering committees, communication, change mgt, time tracking, post implementation review; see the GDK/Lean global initiative).