Private Bank - Invest Finance Specialist - Vice President
Investment Finance Specialist - Capital Markets Job Background/context: The Investment Finance Specialist Lead - Capital Markets role within the Investment Finance team revolves around credit underwriting and execution of the team's core product range but with particular focus on Margin & Securities Backed Finance (MSBF) with emphasis on Pre-Settlement Exposure (PSE) for complex capital market transactions. Job Purpose:
- In this capacity, the IF Specialist works alongside the Head of Capital Markets Credit Solutions and IF Transactors with the primary responsibility to underwrite and execute lending transactions and complex capital markets transactions (PSE facilities for trading FX and derivative products)
- This is a demanding role in which individual judgment is needed to assess the risk reward dynamics of the extension of credit. It requires a strong mix of analytical and process skills and the ability to influence stakeholders, including Private Bankers, Risk, auditors or other areas of the Bank and to ensure processes meet the Bank's highest standards.
- The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, who can successfully work in a team environment often under time constraints; be able to take credit decisions under pressure in the best interest of the shareholder ensuring adherence to all processes and procedures as well as the integrity and consistency of the supporting data and documentation for a given transaction. A good understanding of the risk profile of traded products would be an advantage.
- Liaise closely with Head of Capital Markets Credit Solutions, bankers and investment counsellors and participate in meetings to perform due diligence for underwriting for CPBs larger Capital Markets including the Market Direct Access (MDA) clients
- Prepare Credit Applications for both MSBF and Capital Markets trading lines that could be applicable across any or all of Markets' product sets ensuring accuracy and completeness of data in bank systems.
- Financial analysis of counter parties balance sheets and cash flow statements depending on certain criteria - e.g. trading terms, size and frequency of trades and their risk profile.
- Collateral Evaluation of portfolios of marketable securities, including the analysis of the collateral's diversification and liquidity. Liaising with the Loanable Value (LV) team in Risk on the assignment of loanable values to the portfolios.
- Preparing, negotiating and closing of credit and trading documentation (ISDA, GMSLA, GMRA, CSAs ETDs), including liaison with Risk and internal and external legal counsel.
- Preparing and monitoring of borrower compliance with facility covenants.
- Portfolio management including CA annual reviews, waivers and extensions, SCO client calls as required by credit policy, documentation reviews and all related system maintenance in line with CPB Credit Policies.
- Working and navigating across all of Citi's risk reporting infrastructure in Markets and CPB to ensure exposures and risks are accurately reported and monitored appropriately.
- Problem Recognition and assisting with classified loans remedial management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Job Family Group:
- 5-7 years' experience as a Credit Officer.
- Knowledge of FX, Commodity, Interest Rate, Equity and Credit Linked Derivative products.
- Knowledge ofsecurities, loans, investment, treasury products and other banking products.
- Secured/asset backed lending experience preferred.
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of Financial Analysis including Financial and cash flow modelling
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Team Player
- Cantonese and Mandarin speaking is preferred for HK Based Role
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
IF Lending Generalist Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting