Market Access IT Developer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
BNPP GECD APAC Front Office centralizes various trading activities for the APAC region.
Electronic Market Access is handled with an in-house software suite with a rich variety of modules implementing APAC region specificities and catering to local needs.
The HK-based 8 person-strong Market Access team is in charge of the server-side components and all related tools, in close collaboration with production and trading teams.
Develop interfaces with exchange systems throughout the Asia-Pacific region in order to provide Front Office traders with the most efficient and performant real-time trading platform.
Design, develop, enhance and maintain applications to assist traders and/or trading support in the execution of their tasks.
Ensure the performance and stability of the electronic trading platform.
Provide second level support and training to the Front-Office IT support team.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; experience of project management is a bonus
• Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written
• Keen analytical ability
• Strong sense of achievement and accountability
• Strong background in C++ development. Java and Python skills are also beneficial
• Experience in software validation, including design and execution of automated unit and non-regression tests
• Understanding of full product lifecycle, from design to implementation, validation, documentation and maintenance
• Experience with networking, multithreading, optimisation, profiling, cross-platform development (Linux/Windows)
Specific Qualifications Required
• University degree in computer science or above
• Preferably some experience in the financial sector