About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us. Role Responsibilities
The Structured Solutions Development team (SSD) is the Industries team within TB Trade and Working capital. The industry lead is responsible to drive revenue growth and control risks across clients in the specific industry verticals across all SCB markets. While flow transaction will be executed by RM and sales teams, bespoke transactions will be executed by SSD transactors in the relevant locations.
The industry leads are known for their expertise in their chosen industry sectors and delivering best in class solutions for clients in that space. This team builds industry specific knowledge and solutions which are relevant to the client and replicable, thereby driving revenue velocity. The industry lead will be aligned with the CCIB GIG teams and the Cash SSD team and provide holistic solutions and provide thought leadership for the specified industry and clients.
Technology industry is a growth area for Standard Chartered Bank and the person will have in depth understanding of the industry players and key risks in each of the industry segments. The person will be a leader and will be able to influence and run a global team of transactors who may not directly report into the person. Strategy
Solutions Development & Delivery
- Define the strategy and key value proposition of global trade and working capital strategy for the Technology Industry (includes Big tech, ODM entities, software and services, platforms, Internet industries, Media and Telecom) and plan for its successful execution
- Create a uniform identity and experience for our clients in the industry and account for the regional nuances.
- As the key and senior member of the trade team, help in setting the course and strategy for the Trade business.
- Work with the coverage and product teams to develop and achieve the overall budget for the different regions for the industry sector
- Build expertise on client differentiation and risks across the horizontal and vertical chains of the industry. Be the key point of contact for risk from an industry point of view from a trade and working capital context.
- Work with the relevant coverage, risk and product partners and help in developing the most optimal risk framework/models that can be applied, to capture most of the opportunities in the industry
Financial Management - Product P/L Management
- Based on the broader understanding of industry and solution, help the originating teams and client to identify opportunities or situations. Engage consultatively to create optionality and solutions for clients and convert them into successful deals which help solve for client need.
- Deliver budget, through active management of:
Market Management & Commercialization
- Revenue (existing and new revenue streams)
- No of deals executed / No of unique clients for which deals executed
- Trade and Working capital revenue from the clients in the industry
- Returns (i.e. product profitability) at a deal or client level.
- No. of industry specific product framework enabled
- Identifies new business opportunities and revenue pools whilst articulating how the product capabilities can solve for client needs and requirements
- Actively mitigates identified business pain points, by evaluating pragmatic solutions that have wide applicability
- Lead solution identification and brainstorming sessions with client facing teams to generate leads
- Engages in, replication of deals across the client space where relevant, best practice sharing and education of clients on use of sophisticated solutions to meet their needs
- Leverage experience and industry knowledge to provide business solutions for complex deals or RFPs to drive sales and solutions
- Meets and engages clients to understand their needs or to provide solutions for their explicit or implicit needs using a consultative sales approach.
- Connects with industry Forums/ regulators/ platform development to help with wider adoption of sustainable financing within trade and working capital finance
- Will have deep knowledge of the industry and have led and delivered bespoke transactions
- Must have led a team of transactors with good experience and delivering complex products and demonstrate leadership skills
- Strong coverage/relationship management and credit analysis experience of the Tech Sector
- Total years of experience 13-15 years
- Multi cultural and geography experience
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers