A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
To apply for a position in the Hang Seng China, all applicants or staff of third party vendors must read and acknowledge the following Personal Information Protection Policy for Job Applicant and Third Party Vendor's Staff carefully.
Hang Seng Bank (China) Limited
We are currently seeking a high caliber banking professional to join our Hang Seng Bank (China) Limited (HACN) as Vice Chairman & Chief Executive (Designated).
- Drive profitable growth and deliver business strategies with prudent balance sheet management including liquidity, capital and funding. Sustain HACN market leadership, optimize investments and strategic cost management with Heads of Businesses & Functions consistent with Hang Seng Hong Kong and Group strategy.
- Chair the HACN Executive Committee to drive new business development, grow customer base in strategic segments, increase digital channel and sales contribution, grow revenue, profitability and market share, uphold high standards of risk management, and financial discipline for sustainability.
- Continue to build and differentiate HACN brand and customer proposition to increase the overall contribution to HASE HK and the Group’s profitability, and ensure strong corporate governance and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) commitment and performance.
- Develop and sustain relationships with government and regulatory bodies. Lead and build a strong risk and compliance culture of the Bank to ensure all control measures are undertaken to minimize risk exposure.
- Lead the activities of all HACN branded operations and the execution of business initiatives and Technical Service Agreements (TSAs) with Strategic Partners.
- Set the tone from the top on corporate values and business conduct. Drive strong performance and higher standard conduct culture, recognize and reward strong for behaviors and performance.
- Develop core capabilities and Future Skills, build a strong talent, succession and leadership pipeline.
- University/Post-graduate degree with a minimum of 15 years’ banking experiences and in-depth knowledge in a wide array of banking business such as commercial banking, global banking, global markets, wealth & personal banking.
- Enterprise wide leadership and people leadership to inspire, motivate and align business/functions’ effort to achieve strategic growth plans.
- Ability to enhance and maintain relationship with the regulators to foster the business development opportunities and to engage local communities and lead in ESG.
- Conversant with relevant Stock Exchange regulations, financial market practices, procedures and Government regulations. Maintain a visionary and risk conscious view when growing HACN business to minimize the risk of non-compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of the market, customer needs and the competitive environment whilst being mindful of both compliance and economic profit requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills as well as spoken English and Chinese.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.