As a RBC Financial Planning Associate you will provide value added sales support and responsive value based client contact for a team of Financial Planners. You will be responsible to help meet unit/team sales objectives by contributing to a differentiated client experience, making RBC easy to do business with and collaborating with partners across the organization to identify and meet client needs/goals.
What will you do?
- Managing multiple priorities, be proactive, client-focused, detail orientated and be responsible for contributing to an exceptional client experience.
- Make proactive calls to book appointments on behalf of a Financial Planner.
- Maximizing opportunities to effectively identify and opportunity spot client needs, make referrals, expand profitable client relationships and track and review progress against their team’s annual sales plan.
- Increasing sales enablement for the Financial Planner by preparing for client meetings (Getting Ready) and supporting fulfilment of the credit, investments and everyday banking solutions.
- Providing consistent sales support to client request, act as a point of contact for client problems and ensure accuracy of documentation with follow-up as required
- Exercising due diligence in following all policies and procedures and identity/correct areas of operational risk
- Committed to continuous learning to increase their skills, knowledge and abilities to better service clients.
- Work to complete your duties independently and seek out answers.
What do you need to succeed?
- Must be licensed to sell Mutual funds (IFIC or CSC) or close to completion
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to discover and meet the client’s needs.
- Desire for career progression into a Financial Planner role.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Word and excel.
- Experience in using CASPER, Sales Platform and Royal Bank Investment Systems.
- Communicate and interact with both clients and partners effectively in person, via email and on the phone.
- Work in a fast paced environment be well organized and have the ability to work through competing priorities.
- Work both independently and in a team environment demonstrating strong collaboration skills.
- Previous experience in personal lending, investments and general banking is preferred
- Fluent in English AND Mandarin OR Cantonese is an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies