New Accounts Specialist (BC)
Job Description & Requirements
Interactive Brokers Canada seeks an individual that is hard working, detail-oriented, a quick learner, careful and a problem solver. The ideal person will be able to work well in a team environment. This position requires excellent coordination and strong customer service focus. POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN MONTREAL AND VANCOUVER.
As member of the New Accounts team, The New Accounts Specialist is responsible for:
- Processing and approving institutional and retail client applications on a daily basis
- Reviewing documentation in accordance with Canadian and international AML/KYC rules, including regulations adopted under IIROC and FINTRAC rules
- Cross reference multiple databases for potential undesirable client matches
- Ensure that the account opening process satisfies the client's needs by means of complete and through responses to account opening questions and concerns
- Correspond with clients, sale representatives and customer service representatives
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to assist with account approval and maintenance
- Follow internal policy and procedures when dealing with with various account-related tasks including any account-related suspicious activity
- BS or BA required
- PC Skills - MS Office
- Canadian securities registrations: Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practice Handbook (CPH) are a minimum, Derivatives, Options and Futures Licensing Courses are an asset.
- Fluency in English and French, fluency in foreign languages is a plus, preferably Mandarin
The ideal candidate is a holistic thinker who can make quick decisions based on risk and is very task oriented. Ok with routine, the ideal candidate can efficiently pivot and think out of the box when required.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers
- Quick learner
- Natural problem solver
- Decision-making ability
- Organized and excellent communicator
- Strong customer service focus
- Works independently but is a team player
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info