Who we are
Although not a household name, State Street is one of the world's largest and most important financial services institutions, providing round-the-clock services to the global investment community. We touch $33 trillion in assets every day and are the world's third largest investment manager with over $2.8 trillion in assets under management. To do this we manage as much data as one of the internet giants on nearly as large a technical footprint.
Recently we launched one of the FX industry's largest technical transformation projects, in effect building a new business from the ground up. We've started with a blank sheet of paper. We're using the same technologies that Silicon Valley giants are using: use of public clouds, building our own private infrastructure to achieve even better performance and transforming our industry through distributed Big Data Analytics and Lakehouse technologies.
This isn't a traditional banking role. This is a chance to push your technical skills with people more comfortable in a technology firm than an investment bank, though solving real problems that affect anyone with any form of savings worldwide (not just trying to get people to click on ads). We don't expect you to wear a suit, we don't expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you're working on, we don't expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability. What you will do
As a Data Scientist
, your responsibilities will be to:
What you bring
- Build and implement machine learning models for various applications in finance, including trading strategies, risk management, and fraud detection.
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of machine learning models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and infrastructure for data processing and analysis.
- Utilize Databricks for data exploration, feature engineering, model training, and deployment.
- Communicate technical findings and insights to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in machine learning and AI to improve existing models and develop new solutions.
- Assist in mentoring and training junior data scientists and analysts in machine learning and data science best practices.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in data science, with a focus on machine learning and AI.
- Must have delivered machine learning solutions for a production system.
- Hands-on experience with Databricks, including Spark, Delta Lake, and MLflow.
- Strong programming skills in Python, with experience in data manipulation, modeling, and open-source libraries (e.g., pandas, tensorFlow, pyTorch, Keras and XGBoost).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, data warehousing, and ETL processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Experience in quantitative finance, particularly in foreign exchange and trading, is a plus.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.